|I was born in Maine and raised in a Navy family. During my childhood years, I called Cape Cod, Massachusetts home. Early in my life, I felt the desire to follow in my father’s footsteps to serve our Nation and enlisted in the Air Force. The statement, "Without being of service, one cannot truly exist” resonates with me and captures my desire to be of service.
In addition to serving, I wanted to improve myself professionally as well as personally. I wanted to travel and experience different cultures and foods from around the world. I have had the opportunity to live in different parts of the U.S., the United Kingdom and Germany. I also proudly deployed for a tour in Iraq with an Air Force Special Operations Unit. Initially, I excelled as a Human Resources Manager, until later following my true passion into the culinary and Household Management realm.
I was an Enlisted Aide for more than eight years to senior military officials and I bring a unique blend of service, compassion and confidentiality. Serving as the Senior Enlisted Aide to the Superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy, I was responsible for complete oversight of a historic 11,000-square-foot estate, the largest estate the Air Force owns.
Over the years, I have embraced my true calling as a service-hearted professional. I have extensive experience in Household Management that includes entertainment planning and execution, as well as overseeing grounds and household maintenance. In addition, I am a proven chef. I have directed events, including small gatherings of international dignitaries as well as large-scale productions of more than 1,000 guests.
Following my military service, I transitioned into a civilian Estate Management position, where I managed a large staff that included chefs, housekeepers, nannies and a caretaker. I dictated the staff schedule and executed payroll, budgeting responsibilities for vendors and responsibilities for the vehicle fleet. I oversaw all aspects of domestic and international travel for the Principal and family, coordinating air and ground transportation and lodging logistics. When required, I also traveled with the family to ensure all personal needs were met.
As a former Enlisted Aide used to a military style of management, the hardest thing for me as a manager was to learn to let go. My style is very hands-on, but I have really grown in my ability to delegate and empower people to follow through. I prefer open communication and improve overall operations by identifying what’s working and what’s not working within a home. With the experiences I have gained and the relationships I have built, I cannot imagine another path other than continuing my journey in the private sector as an Estate Manager.
My top four Service Standards are Administrative, Property and Grounds, Housekeeping and Culinary.
Technical Skill Synopsis:
- 14 years of Household Management experience
- Experienced supervising up to 20 staff members, including nannies, chefs, caretakers and more
- Expert manager of all vendor bids, schedules and performance for landscape, maintenance and entertainment vendors
- Organizes daily and weekly task schedules for staff
- Creates Household Management manuals: zoning, task sheets, and preventative maintenance schedules
- Knowledgeable with working with office staff
- Experienced with managing fluctuating budgets and payroll
- Trained on the patented Starkey Management System supporting the housekeeping standards of the home, including zoning and task sheets
- Experienced working with fine china, crystal and silver
- Critical eye for detail of cleanliness and placement of household items
- Familiar with all types of cleaning equipment and products
- Experienced with hands-on cleaning and housekeeping duties
Property and Grounds:
- Conducts daily walkthroughs to ensure perfection of landscape and grounds
- Experienced with sprinkler system maintenance, outdoor lighting, security, pools, boathouses, boat launchers and more
- Expert gardener manager, working directly with landscape company on plant selection
- Manages and works directly with vendors, painters, window cleaners and tree trimmers
- Experienced with lakefront renovation projects, including the construction of a pool and boathouse while mitigating beach erosion
- Mow grass, how to clean a pool, rake the sand, rose care, pruning, limited plant knowledge, talk intelligently to a vendor
- Pro Chef 2 Sous Chef certification from The Culinary Institute of America
- Passionate chef who is comfortable with fine dining, home-style and nutritional styles of cooking
- Expert on organic, clean and healthy cooking with a concentration on local and sustainable foods
- Creates organic, vegetarian, kosher, gluten-free and Paleo meals for clients
- Daily cooking for families, including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Experienced with providing meals for political, formal and business dining
- Knowledgeable of costs and budgets when planning menus
- Capable of managing and maintaining wine cellars