The Starkey Mission
To create a world-class Private Service industry in which Private Service Management is seen as an art form, continuing education and growth are valued, and standards of professionalism are recognized, honored and fortified.
Click here to visit the Starkey Online Book Store
Starkey Publications 2019
- The Original Guide to Private Service Management
- Mrs. Starkey’s Fine Housekeeping Standards for the Private Home (English and Spanish)
- Mrs. Starkey’s – The Relationship of Service for the Private Home
- Mrs. Starkey’s Private Butler Etiquette for the Private Home
- Starkey’s Clothing and Valet Standards for the Private Home
- Starkey’s Alchemy of Cooking for the Private Chef (2nd edition)
- Mrs. Starkey’s Entertaining Etiquette and Protocols for the Private Home
- Mrs. Starkey’s Administrative Standards for the Private Home
- Mrs. Starkey’s Elder Care for Private Service
- Mrs. Starkey’s Starkey Service Management System for the Private Home
- Mrs. Starkey’s Entertaining Planner
- Mrs. Starkey’s Nanny Manager
- Mrs. Starkey’s Setting Household Standards
- Air Force Enlisted Aide Household Management Guide
- Mrs. Starkey’s Wine Resource Book
Our Success is based on Commitment
The Starkey International Institute of Household Management® is deeply committed to meeting the needs of industry Service Professionals and their Principals.
“Create and serve a world-class Private Service industry in which Estate Management, Household Management and all Service Management from the Private Service Concierge, Service Manager, Senior Service, Butler and Hotel Private Service are viewed as art forms; and where continuing education and growth are valued and standards of professionalism are recognized, honored and supported on a world stage.”
History and Philosophy
Starkey began as Starkey & Associates, Inc. in January 1981, offering housekeeping and placement services. In November 1989, Starkey International Institute of Household Management® was created in response to marketplace requests for educated and skilled professionals. Since its first class offering in January 1990, the Institute has benefited from the presence of old-world European and American Butlers, experienced Service Professionals, Household and Estate Managers and Private Service Managers from the United States and abroad.
Our curriculum teaches first and foremost “Service as an Expertise.” It presents an organizational structure which customizes itself and supports the management of complex homes and residential communities as well as to Principals’ expectations.
The curriculum is creative, interactive, transformational in style, and presents an educational method of learning that is both conceptual and Evocational Education while being a highly sophisticated Service Management program.
The Private Service Management profession in America has been established and is growing rapidly. Our response from the marketplace assures us that we are in the throes of a continued service explosion on a world stage and the need for Private Service Management and Service Management experts will continue to grow. It is essential that Service Management beyond Private Service in all venues now emerge into the marketplace as a clearly defined, skilled and respected body of knowledge. The future of Starkey’s specialized Service Management education offers the coveted revitalization of graciousness, etiquette, and a “Service Expertise” in the hearts of fine homes, estates, and residential and senior communities across the United States and abroad.
The success of Starkey International® is based on our on-going Starkey Brand that presents the most advanced education and placement on a world stage, and our commitment to relationships; to the redefinition of the service profession in terms of modern, upscale service in all service venues; and the meeting of sophisticated quality-of-life expectations.
“Our Curriculum is Creative, Interactive and Transformational in Style, and is a Method of Conceptual and Hands-on Education.”