Top Four Service Standards:
Safety & Protection
Will go anywhere for the right position
I was born and raised in Watertown, New York to a middle class family. I am one of seven children (third oldest) with three brothers and three sisters. My father’s family is originally from Reggio Calabria, Italy and my mother’s family is originally from Alexandria, Ontario (Canada).
My father was employed by Metropolitan Life Insurance for 35 years and my mother was a stay-at-home mom until high school and then she worked as a part-time bookkeeper. They raised us in the Catholic church. My grandparents had very humble professions including a cobbler on my father's side, and dairy farmers on my mother's side. Growing up as a child, my brothers and I would spend weekends and summers living on the farm and helping with the chores from milking cows to baling hay. To this day, my love and fondness for pets and animals originated from my days on the farm. I still have a love and admiration for horses and cows.
I was fortunate to grow up in a neighborhood that was predominantly Italian, but my schools were very diverse and friends were always welcome in our home. I grew up playing football, basketball, and baseball from grade school through high school. I also started a paper route when I was in Junior High School. These experiences taught me discipline, responsibility, and time management; though, at the time, they just seemed fun! I still enjoy watching and participating in team sports as a hobby.
Growing up in a household of nine, chores and duties were a daily task. I helped with tasks such as laundry and preparing meals, and was expected to maintain an orderly bedroom at all times. I also learned at an early age how to iron my church and school clothes. From the time I was young, I had to pay attention to detail, and have carried my eye for detail into my professional career.
The experiences I encountered as a young adult that directed me toward service as a profession is when I would visit the elderly (widow or widower) in the neighborhood and assist their needs either in shoveling their sidewalks, going to the grocery store, cooking a basic meal or just visiting with them. Though their loneliness saddened me at times, I always left them with a rewarding feeling of satisfaction. Currently, I am a certified volunteer with hospice (visiting the terminally ill at their residence) and a certified volunteer with a local animal rescue.
As evident by my 27 years in the U.S. Secret Service, I have a work ethic that is primarily focused on leadership, professionalism, diplomacy, team work and loyalty. Having worked at The White House for seven years and assigned to the protection details for multiple Presidents, I have developed a deep understanding of my strengths as a leader. I also take great pride in my communication style and my ability to communicate effectively with a diverse staff. I am also highly adaptable and flexible, which has served me well in all aspects of my life.
Since retiring from the Secret Service, I have had the opportunity to design and build my own home in Upstate New York. I worked with architects, designers, landscape architects, and contractors to ensure that every “i” was dotted and “t” was crossed. I have also spent a great deal of time volunteering with local Hospice organizations, going back to my roots and providing a high level of care and service to those who were nearing the end of their lives. These experiences were incredibly rewarding, and I feel very fortunate to have had these opportunities.
My top four Service standards are: Administrative, Housekeeping, Entertaining, and Safety & Security.
• Certified Estate Manager from the Starkey International Institute.
• Created budgets and maintained expense accounts.
• Supervised and managed staff in various countries, up to 20 people
• Managed vendors including scheduling, invoicing, bill payment, and follow-up
• Human Resource Experience including interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, training, disciplinary actions, and termination
• Approved the purchasing of equipment and supplies using multi-bid process
• Calendar management for scheduling of business and personal affairs
• Coordinates schedules and activities of events for Principals and staff
• Created household manuals and Standard Operating Procedures in Maintenance, Security, Property & Grounds, and Travel/Transportation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effectively implement the Starkey Household Management system to include zones, task sheets, and inventory lists
• Plan and direct housekeeping team members to carry out their duties
• Perform Daily Graces in regard to “House Beautiful” upkeep including making beds, turndown service, and ensuring all areas of the home are presentable at all times
• Supervise housekeeping staff and conduct detail inspection of all rooms and services
• Utilize keen eye for detail to ensure the highest level of service in regard to housekeeping and cleanliness
• Maintain housekeeping budget including labor, supplies, and equipment
• Ensure appropriate maintenance of all housekeeping equipment and tools
• Maintain inventory of tools and supplies used in housekeeping activities
• Coordinated major events working with large crowds
• Worked with vendors, rental companies, and transportation
• Familiar with traditional cocktails and their preparations
• Able to set up and tend bar, creating par lists and inventories
• Knowledge of different styles of service (American Plated, Russian, French, English)
• Able to set both formal and informal tables for service of breakfast, lunch, and dinner
• Able to manage staff for large events using the Ballet of Service
• Familiar with foreign protocol and etiquette, as well as dignitaries and high-ranking officials in government
• Comfortable managing gift inventories
Safety & Security:
• Twenty-seven years as a special agent with the U.S. Secret Service
• Trained in Special Weapons and Tactics
• Assigned to the Presidential Protective Division for five years
• Liaison and established working relationships with Police & Fire Departments
• Able to create and implement safety protocol within a home, identifying areas of need
• Oversaw the safety and security of dignitaries and high-ranking officials in nine countries in S.E. Asia through coordination with other local agencies
• Cultivated strong coalitions and partnerships with numerous law enforcement agencies, government officials, financial institutions, private industries and personnel
• License to Carry a Concealed Weapon/Firearm in New York State & Florida (plus 33 states)
• American Red Cross Certified in Adult & Pediatric First Aid-CPR-AED
• Operate on a daily basis with absolute discretion & confidentiality in all matters, both personal and professional
• Experience with security systems and working with security personnel