Property & Grounds
|My background is strong in family values and well-grounded in work and social behavioral patterns. My father, Robert, was a builder of high quality custom homes and an astute businessman. My late mother, Eleanor, was a secretary for the Connecticut State Police Department and a strong stabilizing factor in our home. My grandfathers, maternal and paternal, were hard-working factory laborers, while both of my grandmothers were housewives.
Throughout my life, I found great satisfaction and a rewarding comfort in helping others, which led me to becoming a volunteer fireman at the age of 20. Shortly after that, I realized without hesitation that my purpose was to go the extra mile for people. This was not only satisfying and rewarding for me, but it also brought joy into my life. That’s when I realized that I was, and always would be, a natural “Service Heart.”
Organization is a necessary and natural practice of mine. When I worked with my father building homes, I realized I had a natural sense of order and a definite eye for detail. My father recognized this talent also and soon had me supervising projects for him. Later, when I became an Estate Manager, my attention to detail and ability for absolute organization served me well in ensuring my clients’ safety and comforts, which in turn brought me joy and confirmed my “Service Heart.”
I recognize that I am a perfectionist, dedicated to the highest possible standards of professionalism and personal service. I am friendly not familiar, invisible yet available.
I am also an excellent communicator. I make sure there are no stones left unturned and I am not afraid to ask questions, to clarify my Principals’ exact needs and wishes. I believe my delegating skills are exceptional; I exude ease and comfort in my authority, making others appreciative of serving and comfortable in following directions. I’m also very hands-on when needed whether it is for a minute or a month.
I have been with my wife for 26 years and after 16 years, God blessed us with our amazing daughter. We made the decision to homeschool our daughter until she was 10 years old, in order to create a solid foundation for her future and meaningful experiences with our family. We made this decision after the passing of our 33-year-old employer, who had three amazing daughters of his own. He was the most kind-hearted and amazing employer, father and individual I ever had the honor of serving. After seeing first-hand just how short our time with each other can be, we made this life-altering change. We believe that this was one of the best decisions we have ever made as a couple, despite the many sacrifices it involved. Our daughter is now 10 years old, and I am ready to embark on my next, and hopefully final, long-term estate management position.
Personal Statement Continued:
My top four standards are Administrative, Maintenance, Property & Grounds and Security.
- Trained in Starkey Service Management Model
- Extensive experience in operations and responsibility of personal property interests
- Experienced in staff development, interviews, hiring and training
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient at maintaining multiple budgets for households and properties
- Good at maintaining household calendars for Principals, staff and vendors
- Detail-oriented, energetic and personable leader with excellent negotiating and problem solving techniques
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Experienced in vendor/contractor supervision; maintains all household and property records
- Oversaw multiple construction projects, ranging from a new 10,000-square-foot retirement condominium to a 32,000-square-foot residence in Dubai
- Comfortable with managing multiple homes
Property & Grounds:
- Nearly 20 years of experience managing day-to-day procedures of multiple grounds, ensuring efficient and smooth flow of operations
- Skilled at maintaining valuable relationships with all vendors and service personnel
- Knowledgeable of elaborate pool systems, Jacuzzis, steam rooms, waterfalls, massage rooms, tennis courts, boat houses, garages, etc.
- Experienced with scheduling, negotiating and supervising various landscapers, gardeners, pool technicians and other vendors
- Directly accountable to owners for overall management of properties, staff and service
- Maintain all household and property records
- Daily observation and surveillance of properties
- Skilled at supervising renovations and repair for roofing, plumbing and electric, refrigeration and HVAC, appliance repair, painting and pest control, landscape and garden services, pool maintenance and more
- Capable of personally troubleshooting basic maintenance issues, including plumbing, electrical, irrigation and other problems within or outside a home
- Skilled with updating proper function of media within the home, including sound systems, security systems, TVs and more
- Experienced with hands-on garage and storage maintenance, vehicle maintenance and boat/Jet Ski maintenance
- Experienced with scheduling preventative maintenance inside and out of property
Safety and Protection:
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of elaborate security systems, including alarms and infrared cameras
- Concealed weapon permit
- Understand privacy and confidentiality of Principals
- Perform daily and nightly walks around property and grounds to identify any anomalies