Estate Manager Certification is the above course accelerated to be a 255 hour, four-week course for those persons experienced in service including Estate Managers, Hotel Managers, Food and Beverage Managers and Culinary Chefs. Starkey’s Service Management System, Service Terminology & Management Tools, and HQ Software are taught. The student learns the mind and leadership required to succeed in Private Service Management including the essential Management Tools. It teaches how to identify Service Expectations, put them into a customized system and how to deliver those expectations. Each student also identifies their own unique style of Service in our Relationship of Service Course. A series of evaluators teach students to understand the correct style of service or hospitality position for them. Our Private Service HR course is taught, working with Family Offices, and the Management of Multiple Homes and an in-depth course on Entertaining, Wine Cellar Management, overall Vendor Management and working with Private Estate Security. There is no culinary instruction provided in this accelerated course. Colleges would position this course at the Master’s level.
Estate Manager Certification Graduate will have:
- Service Estate Management Certification.
- StarkeyHQ™ Software and Service Management Publications.
- World sophistication in the identification of Luxury Products and resources.
- Knowledge of Luxury Service Etiquette and Protocols.
- The technical knowledge of Entertainment, Wine, Event Planning and Wine Cellar management.
- The Ability to identify, customize and set up a comprehensive Service Management Plan.
- The ability to manage Smart Home Technology.
- The ability to develop Contractor and Vendor Resources and manage such contractors and vendors.
- Professional Profiling for your Service Career Goals.
- The knowledge of Administrative Skills for Private Service.
- The ability to integrate Security and Protection for Private Service and integrate security plans with the overall Service Plan.
- The expertise to lead and nurture multiple household staff personnel utilizing Human Resources procedures that have become essential in large private homes.
- The ability to provide a polished international presentation and have presence as a Leader.
The Certified Estate Manager Program comprises 255 curriculum hours and is divided into five areas:
1. Estate Manager Certification: The Relationship of Service, Service Etiquette and Professional Profiling of your Service Goals.
Students taking theEstate Manager Certification learn to identify why they have “Chosen Service”. Starkey’s Personal Statement Exercise provides a transformational experience in self-discovery, individual Service Styles and Personal Career Goals through the understanding of self! It also includes Service Etiquette, Personal Graces, Service Attitudes and Protocol.
- Overview and Defining the Relationship of Service.
- Existing Organizational Structure.
- Private Service Terminology.
- Service Philosophy and Attitudes.
- Self-Assessment in the Relationship of Service.
- Individual Myers Briggs, Firo-B and Conflict Resolution Styles are identified.
- Choosing Service, Service Styles and cultures.
- Developing your Employment Profile.
- Family Tree Dynamics.
- Service Code of Ethics.
- Image and Personal Presentation.
- Coaching for Private Service Interviewing.
- Privacy and Professional Boundaries.
- Roles and Perspectives.
- Employability Critiques.
- Personality Aspects of a Service Heart.
2. Estate Manager Certification: Starkey Service Management System.
Our unique Service Management System instructs how to identify service expectations and to customize a service delivery plan to deliver those expectations. This patented Facilities Management tool is a highly sophisticated process for identifying, organizing and prioritizing household staff duties and service expectations. Unique to the service profession, it provides a Management Foundation for Private Service. It includes Terminology, Zones, Housekeeping, Property and Grounds, Maintenance and Security Task Sheets. It synthesizes service delivery hours, position descriptions and provides software for customizing a service delivery plan.
The Starkey Service Management System includes:
- Introduction to Service Management and Management Tools.
- Identifying Vision and Service Goals.
- Employers Family Tree and Traditions.
- Household Favorites and Preferences.
- Employer’s Service Standards and Standards Matrix.
- Establishing the Environment.
- Physical Structure and Service Flow.
- Housekeeping and Maintenance Task Sheets.
- Technical Skills Qualifier and Matrix.
- Day in the Life™ Schedules and Position Descriptions.
Service Standards include:
- Administration, Calendars, Inventory.
- Housekeeping Schedules.
- Culinary Expectations.
- Clothing and Valet care.
- Entertainment and Event Planning.
- Property and Grounds Management.
- Maintenance Task Schedules.
- Transportation and Travel Schedules.
- Safety and Protection Management.
- Personal Care: Child, Elder, Guest and Pet.
3. Estate Manager Certification: Administrative Service Management, Financial Management and Human Resources for the Private Home.
Students are empowered with Employment Practices, Day in the Life™, Time Management Skills and financially what it takes to set up a home. Students experience the different roles within service environments and learn that it can be as challenging to Receive Service as it is to Give. This is the Environmental Management and Facilities Overview of administratively setting up a structure within a home or other service Environment.
Administrative Standards include:
- Introduction to Administrative Standards.
- Service Flow
- Working with the Family Office.
- Financial Management for the Private Home.
- Finances, Records and Budgets.
- Human Resources for the Private Home.
- Background Investigations, Immigration.
- Managing Calendars, Cell Phones and other Electronic Devices.
- Managing Appointments and Schedules.
- Customizing Service Schedules.
- Inventory and Collectibles.
- Customizing and Setting Up a Service Management Plan and Creating a Household Manager’s Book.
- Identifying the People’s Lifestyle Service Vision.
- Identifying the Environment.
- Identifying the Service Standards.
- Working with the Starkey Service Management System tools.
- Housekeeping Philosophy, Development of Zones and Task Sheets.
- Presenting the Plan to your Principal and fine tuning.
4. Estate Manager Certification: Entertaining, Wine and the Ballet of Service.
Private Service Event Planning (The Ballet of Service) is an inspirational and educational experience through which students become fully acquainted with including the use of Starkey’s event Planning Management Tool. The Formal Dinner is scheduled; Table Etiquette, Protocol, Formal and Informal Entertaining, Table Service, Table Settings are practiced and Care of Fine Linens. Students also have Organoleptic Tasting, Wine Cellar Management, Classic Cocktails and Cigars. This is the essence of all event-planning learning of the highest order, Guest Care, Etiquette and the Protocols of Formal Service.
Part I Event Planning & the Ballet of Service
- Setting up for Entertaining.
- The Formal Table.
- Seating Charts
- Table Settings
- Table Service Styles
- Table Linens
- Identification and Care of China, Crystal, and Silver
- Event Planning, Caterers and Rental.
- StarkeyHQ© Software for Entertaining and Event Planning.
- Guest Protocols and Amenities.
Part II Etiquette and Personal Graces, Principals of Service
- Entertaining Etiquette
- Personal Service Graces.
- Grooming, Speech and Writing.
- The Luxury Market, Products and Resources.
- Service Strategies for serving the High-Net Worth
Part III – International Protocol:
- International Protocol and Diversity
Part IV – Introduction to Wine – Level 1
- The History of Wine
- Components of Wine
- Wine Cellar Management
- The Pairing of Food and Wine Tasting
- Organoleptic (involving the use of sense organs)
- Old-World and New-World Winemaking
- Liquor and Bar Set-up
5. Private Service Management and Leadership and Vendor Management.
Students are empowered with the skills needed to be leaders of people and Managers of projects and systems in Private Service. They are also empowered to be able to manage Vendors in the Business of Private Service. As this is also Administrative Work, it is developing the non-tangible Leadership Styles and Self-Directed Motivation to Manage Processes and Systems.
Management and Leadership course includes:
- Management of multiple properties.
- Managing and Resourcing Support Vendors.
- Listening and Anticipation.
- Time Management Techniques and Self-Directed Motivation.
- Understanding Life Balance.
- Public Relations in Private Service.
- Desired Management Traits.
- Leadership in Private Service and Management Techniques.
- Managing Art and Fine Collectibles.
- Managing Property and Grounds and Maintenance.
- Managing Smart Home Technology.
- Managing Safety and Security and Private Estate Security.
- Managing Transportation and Travel, Jets and Yachts.