Clothing and Valet
Travel & Transportation
Administration & Management
Growing up in a small town in northern Minnesota with tree-lined streets, friendly neighbors, and traditional values. I am the youngest of four children and a large extended family. My parents were owners of a small business and they taught me about hard work, care giving, and the importance of being there for each other. They say that strong family ties fuel a passion for service, and I learned at a young age to give to those less fortunate.
For over 20 years, I enjoyed a fulfilling career with IBM. With a concentration in service delivery, I transferred to new and interesting cities. By quickly adapting to new positions in new places, I was able to gain expertise in people management, solution development, and on-site customer operations management roles - which I excelled at and enjoyed immensely. This gave me the opportunity to team with people from all over the world. Working with international clients, I put great energy into solving problems that led to numerous awards for my leadership, work ethic, dedication, customer satisfaction, and results achieved.
I began my journey in the exciting field of private service in 2009. As a graduate of the Starkey International Institute, I am a Certified Household Manager. Educated in the Starkey Service Management System enables me to identify, define, and organize service expectations within a specific home environment. My top three service standards include administration, entertaining, and personal care. In administration, my skill set includes strong business skills, management, computer expertise, organization, maintaining strong business relationships, and tenacity for details. Second, my love for research can satisfy the most difficult requirements when entertaining is required. Third, in the area of personal care I have the gift of hospitality fueled by my passion for meeting people. Family and guests are treated to a warm, comfortable, and inviting experience.
In addition, I have gained experience in the areas of clothing and valet, maintenance, transportation & travel, culinary skills, housekeeping, elder care and pet care. As a resourceful person, I understand quality in clothing and proper care. In maintenance, I am a homeowner and happy to say that I have my own power tools and am comfortable using them. Having completed projects in my home and managing vendors, I am not afraid to take on any task. Experienced in both domestic and international travel, I can make the most detailed itinerary and arrangements. I take pleasure in creating culinary delights and I have worked alongside a few marvelous Chefs. With housekeeping, I know how to zone a home, build the tasks sheets, and set up the daily graces for cleaning staff to satisfy any requirements. I have very personal experience with elder in-home care. Finally, as an animal lover, I am a frequent pet sitter and I understand the requirements for a healthy and well cared for pet.
My diverse professional background positions me to work in any style of service environment. I have a strong Midwestern work ethic with unquestionable integrity. My skills, experience, education, and proven track record suit me well to be an Estate Manager, Household Manager, Philanthropic Manager or Personal Assistant. I am flexible working in both formal and informal settings. My energy and enthusiasm fit well within a busy, active environment with a healthy lifestyle.
Technical Skill Synopsis:
My top four standards are: Housekeeping, Clothing and Valet, Travel & Transportation and Administration & Management
- Experienced homeowner (20 + years) with spotless personal standards, trained in private service to identify client requirements in order to zone a home, build the tasks sheets, and set up the daily graces for cleaning;
- Keen on organizing and helping others tackle large household projects;
- Mother was tenacious about keeping a clean house right down to washing each individual leaf on the houseplants!
- Clothing and Valet
- My mother was a seamstress and sewed many of our clothes growing up – provided me with an early appreciation for fine fabrics and proper care;
- Having had a good friend that worked for Consolidated Dept Stores (in research) for 45 years I learned a lot from her about the industry (how they determined what to ship where - before computers) and, she owned several pieces of Couture - I have a working knowledge of Couture clothing and proper care;
- Talented shopper and enjoy fashion and accessories – personal shopper for my boyfriend and have purchased most of his clothing & shoes- he is very happy with the selections I make to match his taste.
- Travel and Transportation
- Skilled with international and domestic travel and making detailed itineraries as well as arrangements for minors and people with a disability;
- Traveled to Europe (Hungary, Check Republic, Ireland, England, France, Austria, Germany), Asia (India), North America (US, Mexico and Canada), Central America (Guatemala) and Australia for both professional and personal business;
- Worked for Hertz Car Rental for over 5 years – performing all tasks from customer service, vehicle inventory and tracking, and location management.
- Administration and Management
- Extensive knowledge of business and management principles including planning, leadership, financial management, personnel management (personnel and vendor recruitment, selection, training, effective working relationships), continuous process improvement (assessing performance of self and staff to make improvements or take corrective action), strong decision making (consider costs and benefits to choose best option), time management (manage own time and staff), and critical thinking (identify alternative solutions or approaches to problems);
- Customer and Personal services including needs assessment, setting and meeting quality standards and evaluating customer satisfaction;
- Excellent people management skills, my teams worked well together to meet and exceed business expectations and I received remarkable ratings as a manager.
- Safety and Protection
- Attended Police sponsored personal safety and protection classes;
- Keen awareness of identity theft and prevention;
- Smart home technology / home automation systems training;
- Knowledge and experience regarding corporate security.
- Excel at managing requirements and sourcing the best services and human resources;
- I love to plan for guests visiting and make sure the itinerary for their stay is well planned (concert tickets, where to eat, when to hike, etc.);
- Family & friends love to travel with me because I research and make detailed arrangements in advance for worry free adventures.
- Skilled at taking care of minor home maintenance issues and identifying and hiring vendors for larger tasks;
- Experience working with Architects and Engineers contracting out plumbing, electrical and structural;
- Own my own power tools and I know how to use them!
- Grew up with German and Scandinavian cooking with lots of fresh garden vegetables and cold-water fish – have an appreciation for healthy cooking and buying the freshest ingredients;
- Passionate about food, wine, and cooking and experienced with flavor components and healthy ingredients, orchestration of entire meals, techniques and methodology, and plate presentation;
- Property and Grounds
- Substantial experience with property management for homes, co-ops and rental for self as well as employers. Able to handle emergency / crisis situations in a calm manner
- Experienced homeowner (20+ years);
- Planting, light gardening, tree pruning and experience with fruit trees.
- Personal Care - Guest Care
- Love to entertain friends and family – always make sure my house is spotless before visitors arrive, groceries are purchased in advance and all plans for their stay are arranged in advance;
- I love to do research and arrange the itinerary to best fit the guest needs as well as introduce them to local novelties out of the ordinary – have delighted international guests on multiple occasions.
- Elder Care
- Cared for elderly neighbors (drive them on errands, shopping, movies) and my own parents, I am acutely aware of the challenges they face and their personal safety needs;
- Knowledgeable about the needs of people with disabilities, specifically spinal cord injuries.