I was born in a small Midwestern town, raised by a gentle heart and a disciplinarian. My parents raised me on the belief system of honesty, loyalty and integrity. These morals have taught me to always do the right thing. At a young age, I realized that I loved to make others happy and worked very hard doing so. My parents both worked full time in the service industry, so independence came naturally at the age of 12 when I assumed much of the responsibility of cooking, cleaning and laundry in our home.
As the years progressed, I found myself seeking leadership roles which evolved into a large network of social clubs and activities in high school. I married young, raised an incredible family and consider myself a good role model instilling strong work ethics and an appreciation for life. After several years of working in corporate America, I returned to what I love, service!
As co-owner of a landscape and design company for eleven years, I became very task oriented and developed a “make it happen” philosophy. While raising children with active lifestyles, I worked full time while helping my husband grow our business during evening and weekend hours. I’ve learned proper planting techniques and care of deciduous, evergreen and flowering/ornamental design and am no stranger to a shovel and rake. I also learned contract negotiation and how to communicate well with vendors while acting as my own sub-contractor when building three homes from foundation to finish.
My Top Three Standards are: Administrative, Housekeeping and Entertaining;
I also have highly developed Administrative skills from a position as an HR manager, which gave me great insight into operating policies, procedures and structure within an environment. I was responsible for recruiting and hiring both hourly and salaried personnel and employee reviews. Positions in account management and sales have given me a breadth of knowledge regarding business practices and reporting procedures for accountability. I have a working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, EXCEL and Power Point.
As a wife and mother, I have kept a meticulously clean home and have years of experience in hands-on detailed Housekeeping. My training at Starkey has honed and fine-tuned these skills and added expertise in zoning a home, creating task sheets, sourcing proper products for cleaning art, silver, collectibles and specialty rugs and linens.
Entertaining is one of my passions. Informal holiday or theme parties, reunions for 12 to 100 people or formal weddings up to 300 – it’s all good. I am resourceful and can delegate when additional staff is needed. I enjoy visualizing the event, planning and follow through, floral arranging and decorating.
My style of service is best described as a polished professional who will perform to high standards. I am a hands-on individual who serves with maturity, balance and loyalty. I prefer an open line of communication and will serve with professional yet flexible boundaries. My ideal prospective Principals would be a couple with an active lifestyle and family centered values.
Technical Skills Synopsis:
• Worked in administrative roles including Human Resource (HR) Manager, Account Manager and Administrative Assistant
• Competent with all MS Office suite software, internet searches, access contacts databases
• Competent with Mac operating systems
• Calendar scheduling and maintenance
• Budget reconciliation
• Philanthropic distributions
• Staff Management
• Healthy lifestyle style of cooking using fresh and healthy ingredients
• Comfortable in kitchens, stocking, provisioning and knows how to follow recipes
• Very high standards of cleaning described as “detailed and meticulous”
• Hands-on individual who can set as well as uphold service standards in the home and train the housekeeper accordingly
• Familiar with the care and cleaning of fine art, fabrics, silver, rugs, antiques and linens
• Trained in Starkey methods of zoning a home and creating task sheets for each zone
• Skilled in event planning for large and small events, both formal and informal
• Very comfortable with putting together holiday, theme, reunions, weddings and sourcing outside caterers and vendors
• Trained in formal service and entertaining
Safety and Protection:
• Basic knowledge of residential alarm systems
• HR background checks, drug testing, chain of custody processing
• Built 3 homes from foundation to finish, very knowledgeable about basic household maintenance and proper vendor sourcing
• Experience with project management and punch lists
Grounds and Property:
• Co-owned landscaping and design business for 11 years
• Familiar with planting techniques and care of deciduous, flowering and ornamental plants – hands on as well as supervision of grounds crews
Transportation and Travel:
• Well-traveled personally and have travel planning experience
• Excellent driver, familiar with vehicle maintenance, detailing and upkeep.
• Experienced in scheduling commercial travel as well as private jet through FBO
Clothing and Valet:
• Eye for coordinating outfits, recognition of designer labels, trained in proper care of specialty fabrics, laundry and dry-cleaning techniques.
• Appreciates quality, able to provide Personal shopping for principals
• Mother of 4 who is very comfortable around children, elderly and people of all lifestyles and backgrounds
• Provides personalized guest care to include concierge services, pre-stay interview for favorites, stock guest room with amenities and make travel /excursion arrangements.
• Loves small animals, dogs and cats very comfortable with hands-on pet care, vet appointments, kennel arrangements, on-site pet sitting,