Starkey Estate Manager
My contribution to private service is a passion for people. One of the reasons I have stayed in the service industry for so long is that I am intrigued by all of the different personalities I have encountered. I have met some truly wonderful people throughout my years, and I have learned something from them all. In private service, I strive to be the very best manager, and would expect excellence from everyone who was in service for that particular household. There is a delicate balance between personal and professional relationships, and over the years, I have learned to maintain that balance. I am a strong person who has learned how to be gracious yet firm with all types of people from all walks of life.
In all of my years of hospitality service, I have continued to learn. I believe that attending Starkey International and receiving a certification in Household Management has furthered my pursuit of knowledge and education. One of the most valuable lessons I have learned is that education never stops. You learn about people, learn about subjects, learn new perspectives and learn about life. I want to push myself to improve both personally and professionally.
I have been in the Service Industry for many years and have learned some of the basic elements of Household Management prior to attending Starkey International. I am known for being responsible and doing what I say I am going to do. I consider Household Management to be my chosen career choice. I have managed property, been the sole caretaker for owners living in other cities; I know a great deal about cooking, housekeeping, maintenance and wines.
My top three standards are Administrative, Culinary and Housekeeping.
Administrative – I enjoy finding the right person for the right job and I have a very good sense about people. I like to explain what is expected of a certain job and give detailed instruction if troubles arise. I have managed properties for many years and have good experience with the use of computer programs to facilitate needs.
Culinary – My favorite standard is culinary. My own life is busy and I like to eat really good food, so I plan. I know how to bring healthy food to work and enjoy taking care of my family’s eating needs. I am constantly trying new recipes to add to a rotating list of favorites. The farmers market in the summer makes eating even better with fresh local ingredients.
Housekeeping – I enjoy organizing a house and figuring out the best patterns for cleaning. Zoning a home and creating customized task sheets helps facilitate this process. I recognize clutter and my motto is “A place for everything and everything in its place.” I have experience with deep cleaning and am well versed in organic and alternative cleaning products.
Technical Skill Synopsis:
· Successful manager of entrepreneurial property management business for 5 years
· Processing of all financial records: A/P, A/R, tax filings
· 5+ years of managing of multiple properties for remote owners
· Coordination of multiple calendars and appointments
· Maintain quality list of vendors with backups
· Identify and address problems calmly and quickly, present solutions and timelines
· Entrusted with personal bank accounts and payments on behalf of remote owners
· Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Outlook, QuickBooks and Rezstream
· Speak basic Spanish
· Hire, train, supervise and schedule on-call housekeepers for multiple properties
· Personally performs deep cleaning, seasonal turns and organization
· Well versed in organic and alternative cleaning products
· Create task sheets and checklists
· Accomplished cook – prepare most meals with freshest seasonal ingredients. Provide healthy balanced meals as well as comfort foods.
· Formally trained sommelier; passionate about wine and food pairings
· Weekly planning of meals according to family schedules and flavor profile
· Create many items that are unique: flavored bitters and fruit flavored liquors for work
Clothing & Valet:
· Oversees linen care for multiple rental properties
· Organize clothing according to season and activity
· Minor clothing repair
· Experienced in event execution at fine dining restaurants
· Provide proper table service
· Create beautiful atmosphere for events
Grounds & Property:
· Seasonal maintenance of properties
· Plan and oversee seasonal plantings, grounds maintenance and improvements
Technical Skill Synopsis (continued):
· Source, request bids, negotiate contracts and retain best maintenance vendors within a closed community
· Perform many appliance repairs
· Regularly deal with pest protection of all kinds
Transportation & Travel:
· Coordinate multiple travel itineraries for arriving rental property guests
· Provide airport chauffeur services
· Maintenance of vehicles
Safety and Protection:
· Perform over, under and around safety checks
· Monitor and respond to all alarm systems: household, water CO2
· Familiar with Smart Home technology
· High level of experience in preparing properties for guest arrival
· Very comfortable around children of all ages
· Skill and understanding of pet care