I was born on April 13, 1963 in Greene, New York, 50 miles south of Syracuse. I am the middle son to a family of three children. My parents are German, English and Polish and are the essence of a strong work ethic. Raised Catholic and conservative Republican, my most valued beliefs are to “Do what you say you’re going to do and finish the job.” It was ingrained in me. My parents owned a machine shop making parts for NASA and defense industry contractors and therefore paid very close to the details with an exacting eye. My family is still very close; we always worked as a team to accomplish any task. My brother and sister still operate the machine shop in the family tradition.
Growing up, my mother was a task master at home. She taught us how to set the table and serve in an Emily Post style. Cooking came as well but I preferred my own style and during home economics classes in high school, I decided to go to the Culinary Institute of America and become a professional chef. It was the correct decision for me as now I have been cooking for the last 30 years. While I am also a natural with machines, I love the creative process of cooking and making people happy.
My personality leans toward being an introvert, and I really love serving others. I make lists to ensure that proper steps are always carried out. I have a service heart and adhere to the Five Buddhist Hindrances, a Templar Code of being ethical, keeping one’s honor, and always taking the high road. I love to grow and learn.
My work style is always honest and straightforward in order to not waste time getting tasks accomplished. I take care to do the job correctly and keep everyone’s interests in mind. As a servant leader, I am forgiving as I have learned that is a sign of strength to do so. I also see humor in all places and take advantage of it whenever possible.
I now live in Florida near Palm Beach, but have spent the last many years aboard large yachts serving multiple peoples. I have a longtime girlfriend and a growing teenage daughter who lives with her mother. I have owned and managed my own restaurant and learned the value of location in surviving clientele. I need to be in a busy environment in my everyday work life, and I expect to be hands -on. I like to please people and be a creative problem solver.
I have a mid-western Household Management style where I can directly make a difference in the life of another. I have served on board yachts as well as on land as a Household Manager /Chef. As long as I am able to return to Florida approximately six months a year, I will serve anywhere that I am requested.
My top four Service Standards are Culinary, Administrative, Housekeeping and Maintenance. I discovered my passions and talents for these Service Standards in many different ways.
- Culinary Institute of America graduate 1991 A.O.S
- Planned and executed menus for HW charter guests and yacht owners.
- Conceptualized and ran my own restaurant which achieved four-star reviews
- Was part of the culinary team at Inn of the Anasazi ranked No. 23 in the world
- Trained and certified in food safety management
- Cooked a well-received dinner for the Prince of Monaco
- Maintained all food stocks to required par levels
- Experienced in all diets and health requirements
- Skilled in all forms of butchery
- Well-versed in the preparation of game meats
- Collaborated with principals to develop flavor profile and adjustments
- Secured a firm relationship with high-end suppliers to guarantee the highest quality possible
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other email programs
- Knowledge of keeping of all weekly and monthly household accounts
- Identifying the principal’s service vision and achieving the principal’s goals
- Hiring, firing and training of staff
- Creation of employee handbook and implementation of all policies
- Reviewing bids from vendors for any projects and conferring with principal
- Monitoring of resort properties to ensure readiness for principals
- Payment of all vendors and employees for work provided
- The travel to principals’ other properties for evaluation of any necessary improvements
- Experienced in all facets of homes, estates and yachts
- Experienced with construction and renovation cleanup
- Familiar with natural cleaning products
- Creating schedules for weekly zoning tasks
- Working with housekeeper to ensure principals’ service vision is achieved
- Conducting room inspections to approved standards
- Delegated daily duties to housekeeper and support staff
- Comfortable creating zones and task sheets for housekeeper in any required space
- Proper understanding of all mechanical systems including electrical and HVAC plants
- Repair and maintenance of irrigation layouts and controllers with smart technology
- Supervising contractors and submitting bids for various renovations and projects
- Creating preventive maintenance schedules and working with vendors to ensure proper actions are taken
- Familiar with pumps, pump relays and heating elements both in relation to hot water and pool systems
- Well versed in the precision machining process of metal and wood products
- Carried out restoration, repairs and documentation of classic vehicles as well as insurance work for principals’ vehicles
- Worked on board yachts and repaired all galley equipment and researched replacements for cost efficiency