I was born on April 13, 1963 in Greene, New York, 50 miles south of Syracuse. I am the middle son to a family of three children. My parents are German, English and Polish, and they modeled the essence of a strong work ethic for me. Raised Catholic and conservative Republican, my most valued beliefs are to “Do what you say you’re going to do and finish the job.” These beliefs are ingrained in me. My parents owned a machine shop that made parts for NASA and defense industry contractors; they paid very close attention to the details with an exacting eye. My family is still very close; we always worked as a team to accomplish any task. My brother and sister still operate the machine shop in the family tradition.
Growing up, my mother was a taskmaster at home. She taught us how to set the table and serve in the Emily Post tradition. She taught us to cook as well, but I preferred my own style and during home economics classes in high school, I decided to go to the Culinary Institute of America and become a professional chef. It was the correct decision for me, as I have now been cooking for more than 30 years. While I am also a natural with machinery, I love the creative process of cooking and making people happy.
I really love serving others, and I lean toward being an introvert. I make lists to ensure that proper steps are always carried out. I have a service heart and adhere to the Five Buddhist Hindrances, a Templar Code of ethics, keeping one’s honor, and always taking the high road. I love to grow and learn.
My work style is always honest and straightforward so that I do not waste time getting tasks accomplished. I take care to do the job correctly and keep everyone’s interests in mind. As a servant leader, I am forgiving as I have learned that forgiveness is a sign of strength. I also see humor everywhere and take advantage of it whenever possible.
I have spent 20 years off and on aboard large yachts serving multiple Principals. I have crossed the Atlantic multiple times while preparing meals in small galleys for Principals and guests, including the Prince of Monaco, which was a highlight for me. I also brought the sea to land when I owned and managed my own nautical-themed restaurant in Florida. I prefer a busy environment with multiple family members in my everyday work life, and I love being hands-on. I like to please people and be a creative problem solver.
I have a mid-western Household Management style where I can directly make a difference in the life of another. After all my adventures in homes and on yachts, I desire one last long-term employment with a Principal on land as a Household Manager/Chef. Thank you for the opportunity.
My top four Service Standards are Culinary, Administrative, Housekeeping and Maintenance. I discovered my passions and talents for these Service Standards in many different ways.
- Culinary Institute of America graduate 1991 A.O.S
- 20 years of experience planning and executing menus for charter guests and yacht owners with limited supplies and kitchen space for extended sea excursions
- Conceptualized and owned restaurant which achieved four-star reviews
- Member of culinary team at Inn of the Anasazi ranked No. 23 in the world
- Trained and certified in food safety management
- Cooked a well-received dinner for the Prince of Monaco
- Maintained all food stocks to required par levels
- Experienced in all types of cuisine and diets, including gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, diabetic and more
- Skilled in all forms of butchery
- Well-versed in the preparation of game meats
- Collaborated with Principals to develop flavor profile and adjustments
- Secured a firm relationship with high-end suppliers to guarantee the highest quality possible
- Trained in the patented Starkey Service Management Model
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other email programs
- Knowledge of keeping of all weekly and monthly household accounts and maintaining all food and household budgets
- Experience with hiring, firing and training of staff
- Creation of employee handbook and implementation of all household policies
- Reviewing bids from vendors for any projects and conferring with Principal
- Remote and onsite monitoring of resort properties to ensure readiness for Principals
- Experience with supervising and fulfilling invoices for all vendors and employees
- Ability to travel to Principals’ other properties for evaluation of any necessary improvements
- Hands-on experience performing daily and weekly housekeeping tasks, as well as managing fulltime and part-time housekeepers
- Experienced in all facets of homes, estates and yachts
- Experienced with construction and renovation cleanup
- Knowledgeable of natural cleaning products appropriate for specific surfaces
- Capable of creating schedules for weekly zones and task sheets for housekeepers
- Conducts room inspections to ensure Principals’ standards are exceeded
- Delegates daily duties to housekeeper and support staff
- Proper understanding of all mechanical systems including electrical and HVAC plants
- Repair and maintenance of irrigation layouts and controllers with smart technology
- Supervising contractors and submitting bids for various renovations and projects
- Creating preventative maintenance schedules and working with vendors to ensure proper actions are taken
- Familiar with pumps, pump relays and heating elements both in relation to hot water and pool systems
- Well-versed in the precision machining process of metal and wood products
- Carried out restoration, repairs and documentation of classic vehicles as well as insurance work for Principals’ vehicles
- Worked on board yachts and repaired all galley equipment and researched replacements for cost efficiency
- Oversaw the renovation and redesign of two kitchens and a yacht galley for optimal service flow, including installing high-end commercial grade appliances
- Capable of completing home renovation projects, including tile, lighting, paint and air conditioning replacements
- Experienced with maintenance requirements of watercraft and docks, as well as high-end automobiles and motorcycles