Private Service Titles & Positions
Terms and Titles continue to be challenging for the Private Service industry due to old cultural patterns of the profession. In addition, the lack of knowledge and management expectations of both the employers and employees continue to be difficult to navigate in Private Service. It’s also because the industry as a group has not been able to agree upon titles, as each position is unique. The main factors that contribute to salary are the difficulty factor of the position, the qualifications necessary for the position, the location and cost of living.
Service Management as an Expertise
The term “Service Management” has taken on new life with Starkey and has become a highly desired profession on the national and international stage. Much more comprehensive than Customer Service, it refers to one’s in-depth knowledge of and ability to successfully position service to succeed. Service Management focuses on meeting expectations, the Relationship of Service, sophisticated Service etiquette and Service as a professional expertise in any style or environment. It can apply to those performing Household Management, Concierge Services, Butlering or Senior Services. Service positions continue to grow in hospitality, private homes, concierge companies, private clubs and in senior communities. Salaries typically begin at $50,000 per year.
Download this curriculum as a pdf.
Starkey’s intensive 360-hour, eight-week Household Management Program provides a full Household Service Management Certification. This program is 20 years old in sophistication and is absolutely essential in the marketplace of the Household Management profession. It presents the management tools, the technical skills in ten service areas, the personal development, and the luxury-product knowledge required for all those entering the Service Management Profession. Starkey also will continue to add cutting-edge curriculum additions and our dream team of resources throughout the year.
Students in this amazing full Household Management offering will receive:
- Household Management Certification,
- Starkey Systems Certification
- StarkeyHQ© Software and complete library of household management publications and vendor resources
- Luxury Service Etiquette and Protocols
- Fine Housekeeping Techniques
- Entertainment and Event Planning
- Private Service Sommelier Certification
- Culinary for Private Service
- Property and Grounds, Maintenance, Security and Smart-Home Technology
- The ability to customize and set up a comprehensive Service Management Plan
- Professional Profiling for your Service Career Goals
- Completion of a customized Service Management Plan
The Certified Household Management Program comprises 360 curriculum hours. The Certified Household Management Program is divided into the following educational areas: