Starkey International’s hallmark curricula are The Certified Household Management Program and the Certified Estate Management Program.
These essential Private Service Management offerings provide actual training in our state-of-the-art Starkey Service Management System. This unique Service Model is especially designed for the Private Service Professional. In addition, these unique programs provide practical learning in Daily Graces, management techniques and technology, Housekeeping and Maintenance, identifying Flavor Profiles and Menu Planning, Principal and Household Staff Interaction, Formal Entertaining, Etiquette, Protocol, Safety, Security, CPR, First Aid, and more.
Each of the Institute’s instructors possesses the experience and knowledge necessary to train students effectively. Programs are evaluated regularly to address the needs of an evolving service profession. Our “Restoring the Art” Conference presents an annual industry-wide international Private Service Management event. Additionally, expert seminars are provided throughout the year.
Starkey International’s essential Eight-week Certified Household Management Program and the Four-week Certified Manager’s Program provide Household Service Management Certification. The distinction between the programs is that the Certified Manager’s Program is a high-bred and accelerated educational experience and expects students to be well-versed in service and technical skills. This four-week program is focused on Service Management and does not teach culinary skills. These students must be service professionals ready for an intensified program that demands after-hour study.
Offering our Comprehensive Certified Household Management, and Certified Service Management Programs; Military Enlisted Aide Program, Wine and Sommelier Courses; Housekeeping, Clothing and Valet Program, Service Etiquette, Identifying Service Expectations, and Luxury Products Programs for Butlers, Concierge, and Senior Service; and our StarkeyHQ© Service Management & Software Program.
Private Service education has grown as the high-net-worth community has identified itself, particularly in the last 10 years. Terms and titles vary greatly according to location, environment, backgrounds and country. However, all Private Services focus on “Service as an Expertise” with an emphasis on the provider being able to identify, prioritize, and satisfy unique service expectations, and service styles. With this in mind, Starkey’s hallmark curriculum all contain our patented and state-of-the-art Starkey Service Management System© especially designed for the Private Service Profession. Starkey International® offers Curricula for:
Starkey’s Estate Manager’s Program is the above course accelerated to be a 255 hour, four-week course for those persons that have two – three years of experience in Private Service. This program offers the training and expertise that are essential to be the highest level of Household Service expert available in the marketplace today. Starkey’s Service Management System and StarkeyHQ™ Software are taught and set the stage for an overall understanding of Private Service Management and the Management Tools required to succeed. Each student also identifies their own unique style of Service in our Relationship of Service Course. A series of evaluators teach students to understand the correct style of service position for them. Administration, Financial Management and Human Resources for Private Service, including working with Family Offices and the Management of Multiple Homes is taught. An in-depth course on Entertaining, Wine and Wine Cellar Management is taught. Our Leadership and overall Vendor Management for Private Service is also taught in this well-rounded program.
The Estate Manager Program is a sophisticated and competency-based program that recognizes and develops the knowledge, experience and expertise of the Estate Manager.
Note: this course does not have Culinary Training.
Certified Estate Management Graduate will have:
- Service Estate Management Certification.
- StarkeyHQ™ Software and Service Management Publications.
- World sophistication in the identification of Luxury Products and resources.
- Knowledge of Luxury Service Etiquette and Protocols.
- The technical knowledge of Entertainment, Wine, Event Planning and Wine Cellar management.
- The Ability to identify, customize and set up a comprehensive Service Management Plan.
- The ability to manage Smart Home Technology.
- The ability to develop Contractor and Vendor Resources and manage such contractors and vendors.
- Professional Profiling for your Service Career Goals.
- The knowledge of Administrative Skills for Private Service.
- The ability to integrate Security and Protection for Private Service and integrate security plans with the overall Service Plan.
- The expertise to lead and nurture multiple household staff personnel utilizing Human Resources procedures that have become essential in large private homes.
- The ability to provide a polished international presentation and have presence as a Leader.
The Certified Estate Manager Program comprises 255 curriculum hours and is divided into five areas: