I was born in a small town in southeastern Poland. I grew up in a Catholic family with my brother and sister. My mother was an accountant at a small candy factory in town. My father worked as a technician for a gas company, where his father worked as well.
As kids, we spent most of our free time at my maternal grandparents’ farm outside of town, where I had the best memories playing with my cousins. I cherish those memories the most, thinking those were the best years of my childhood. The household where I grew up was very well-structured and organized. My mother had a passion for flowers and gardening, which I inherited. My mother was always very detailed and precise, and I believe that’s where I developed my eye for detail and appreciation for perfectionism.
As a child growing up, Poland was a communist country under the influence of the USSR. Most adults had to know how to do everything themselves. I watched my father become a handyman who could help out with everything anyone asked him to do. I think that seeing how helpful he was to others made me realize that I would like to do the same; this was the origin of my service heart. During my early teenage years, my father left Poland to work abroad. As the oldest of my siblings, I helped my mother with the household.
|At 18, I passed the lifeguard exam, which allowed me to work at the city swimming pool during school vacations. In this way, I earned money to support my own needs. I also worked on weekends playing drums in a wedding band.
At the age of 21, I came to the United States as a Business Academy student to introduce my own cash register software, and I decided to stay. As a young immigrant, I had to work with my hands for a living. The experience I gained watching my father all those childhood years was very helpful. With time, I gained many customers who appreciated my skilled and detailed work. Years of working in Fairfield County in Connecticut for high-end customers continued to refine my exceptional eye for detail and I gained more and more clients. I was also able to step in and help with daily duties when my wife was understaffed in her cleaning service. That’s when I realized I would love to help people manage their properties at a high level. The smile on a client’s face after a job well done gives me a great deal of gratification and I would love to be able to work for an individual, knowing that I could make a real difference in my Principal’s life.
My heritage is very important to me. My wife and I speak Polish with our children and make sure they know Polish traditions and history. It gives me great pleasure to take part in the extracurricular activities my two children enjoy. I love watching them play soccer and lacrosse and take great pride in all of their accomplishments. My personal passion is
Personal Statement Continued:
photography. I have created photo websites that have acquired more than 14 million followers.
I am a very easy-going, open and cheerful person, which helps me when meeting new people. I am also very firm and business-like when dealing with vendors and contractors and am always able to make sure that the job gets done according the standards of my Principal. I am a very active person; I love to participate in sports such as mountain biking, skating, skiing and hiking. My high level of energy would ensure that everything my Principal needed would get done. I can consistently show my determination in a household environment to meet the Principal’s expectations. My dedication, common sense, confidentiality, strong work ethic and loyalty would give my Principal the level of comfort required to enjoy a tranquil and joyful life.
The best style of position for me would be one that would allow me to move from the inside to the outside of the home as I can do so seamlessly. I have constructed homes as a general contractor and have worked with my wife in her housekeeping business for many years. I am a very direct person and I do what I say. I have no other agenda other than doing the best job possible.
My top four Service Standards are: Administrative, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Property & Grounds.
Administrative – My computer skills, along with my ability to organize, work with budgets and schedules and delegate tasks, make me a strong administrator and will allow me to run my Principal’s home with the utmost efficiency and thoroughness. I have excellent interpersonal skills and am comfortable working with all types of people.
Housekeeping – My understanding of the specific techniques and products used to keep a spotless and orderly home will ensure that my Principal’s housekeeping needs are always met. My ability to train and supervise staff as well as zone a home and create customized task sheets makes inconspicuous and top-notch service a main priority.
Maintenance - My deep knowledge of interior and exterior maintenance including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting, tree trimming and gardening guarantees that my Principal’s home will be upheld to the highest standard and function properly. I have the hands-on skill necessary to take care of situations when required and am comfortable doing maintenance tasks of various kinds.
Property & Grounds – My sharp eye for detail and my knowledge of product costs, estimating and budgeting guarantee that vendors will do the best job for the best price without compromising quality. I have many years of experience supervising and managing vendors which will ensure the job gets done in a timely manner. I am also capable of maintaining pools and tennis courts.
Technical Skill Synopsis:
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Ableton Suite (both Windows and Mac platforms)
- Supervision and training of staff members, keeping records of their schedules, etc.
- Creating punch list and maintenance schedules
- Supervision of vendors and contractors; keeping records of their work and invoices
- Creating a contractor book which includes contact info
- Maintaining calendars and taking messages for Principals
- Preparing statements, contracts and invoices
- Budget monitoring and tracking of household expenses
- Trained in the patented Starkey Service Management Model
- Able to create a customized service flow
- Training and supervising household staff
- Care of fine arts, fine furnishings, antiques, oriental rugs, silver and crystal
- Use and care of laundry equipment
- Care and storage of household linens
- Capable of zoning a home for cleaning and creating task sheets
- Knowledgeable of specific cleaning and laundry products and their appropriate usage
- Capable of keeping track of inventory to determine shopping needs
- Trained in food safety, storage and hygiene
- Capable of preparing simple meals
- Certified Level 1 Sommelier
Clothing & Valet:
- Knowledgeable with dry cleaning, pressing and steaming
- Familiar with closet organization
- Shoe & leather care
- Personal shopping
- Launders/irons clothing and fine linens
- Rotates clothing for seasonal storage
- Trained in American plated, French, Russian and English styles of service
- Experienced with planning and coordinating vendors for themed parties, including sourcing all equipment, decorations and party favors
- Cares for crystal, china and silver
- Knowledgeable with floral arrangements
Grounds & Property:
- Experienced with ordering and purchasing products
- Manages groundskeepers; works directly with landscapers
- Knowledgeable of estimates and budgeting for landscaping and property care
- Capable of managing gardens
- Maintains pools and tennis courts; cleans windows and trims trees
- Responsible for oversight of exterior vendors
- Experienced with multiple home inspections
- Experienced with working and maintaining smart home technology (network, Wi-Fi,)
- Skilled with managing renovations and construction projects, including kitchens, bathroom remodeling, cabinetry and fine carpentry
- Managing and working directly with vendors and contractors
- Familiar with keeping calendars of maintenance
- Knowledgeable with reading construction blueprints
- Skilled with maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, painting and electrical
Security & Safety:
- CPR certified
- Experienced with security systems and alarms
- Knowledgeable of disaster management and natural disaster preparations
Technical Skills Continued:
Transportation & Travel:
- Organized and understands all variables needed for high-end/luxury travel
- Prepares itineraries and scheduling travel arrangements
- Keeps detailed records of car maintenance, insurance and registration documents
- Can pack and unpack for business and leisure travel
- Drives children to and from school and after-school activities
- Knowledgeable with organizing schedule for kids
- Raising two children of my own
- Daily scheduling and arranging of itineraries for visiting guests
- Prepares guest rooms with favorite toiletries, linens and laundry needs
- Provides meals, exercise and grooming for dogs and cats
- Comfortable administering pet medications
- Takes pets to veterinary appointments