I was born in a small town in southeastern Poland. I grew up in a Catholic family with my brother and sister. My mother was an accountant at a small candy factory in town. My father worked as a technician for a gas company, where his father worked as well.
As kids, we spent most of our free time at my maternal grandparents’ farm outside of town, where I had the best memories playing with my cousins. I cherish those memories the most, thinking those were the best years of my childhood. The household where I grew up was very well-structured and organized. My mother had a passion for flowers and gardening, which I inherited. My mother was always very detailed and precise, and I believe that’s where I developed my eye for detail and appreciation for perfectionism.
As a child growing up, Poland was a communist country under the influence of the USSR. Most adults had to know how to do everything themselves. I watched my father become a handyman who could help out with everything anyone asked him to do. I think that seeing how helpful he was to others made me realize that I would like to do the same; this was the origin of my service heart. During my early teenage years, my father left Poland to work abroad. As the oldest of my siblings, I helped my mother with the household.
At 18, I passed the lifeguard exam, which allowed me to work at the city swimming pool during school vacations. In this way, I earned money to support my own needs. I also worked on weekends playing drums in a wedding band.
At the age of 21, I came to the United States as a Business Academy student to introduce my own cash register software, and I decided to stay. As a young immigrant, I had to work with my hands for a living. The experience I gained watching my father all those childhood years was very helpful. With time, I gained many customers who appreciated my skilled and detailed work. Years of working in Fairfield County in Connecticut for high-end customers continued to refine my exceptional eye for detail and I gained more and more clients. I was also able to step in and help with daily duties when my wife was understaffed in her cleaning service. That’s when I realized I would love to help people manage their properties at a high level. The smile on a client’s face after a job well done gives me a great deal of gratification and I would love to be able to work for an individual, knowing that I could make a real difference in my Principal’s life.
My heritage is very important to me. My wife and I speak Polish with our children and make sure they know Polish traditions and history. It gives me great pleasure to take part in the extracurricular activities my two children enjoy. I love watching them play soccer and lacrosse and take great pride in all of their accomplishments. My personal passion is photography. I have created photo websites that have acquired more than 14 million followers.
I am a very easy-going, open and cheerful person, which helps me when meeting new people. I am also very firm and business-like when dealing with vendors and contractors and am always able to make sure that the job gets done according the standards of my Principal. I am a very active person; I love to participate in sports such as mountain biking, skating, skiing and hiking. My high level of energy would ensure that everything my Principal needed would get done. I can consistently show my determination in a household environment to meet the Principal’s expectations. My dedication, common sense, confidentiality, strong work ethic and loyalty would give my Principal the level of comfort required to enjoy a tranquil and joyful life.
The best style of position for me would be one that would allow me to move from the inside to the outside of the home as I can do so seamlessly. I have constructed homes as a general contractor and have worked with my wife in her housekeeping business for many years. I am a very direct person and I do what I say. I have no other agenda other than doing the best job possible.
My top four Service Standards are: Administrative, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Property & Grounds.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Ableton Suite (both Windows and Mac platforms)
- Supervision and training of staff members, keeping records of their schedules, etc.
- Creating punch list and maintenance schedules
- Supervision of vendors and contractors; keeping records of their work and invoices
- Creating a contractor book which includes contact info
- Maintaining calendars and taking messages for Principals
- Preparing statements, contracts and invoices
- Budget monitoring and tracking of household expenses
- Trained in the patented Starkey Service Management Model
- Able to create a customized service flow
- Training and supervising household staff
- Care of fine arts, fine furnishings, antiques, oriental rugs, silver and crystal
- Use and care of laundry equipment
- Care and storage of household linens
- Capable of zoning a home for cleaning and creating task sheets
- Knowledgeable of specific cleaning and laundry products and their appropriate usage
- Experienced with multiple home inspections
- Experienced with working and maintaining smart home technology (network, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Skilled with managing renovations and construction projects, including kitchens, bathroom remodeling, cabinetry and fine carpentry
- Managing and working directly with vendors and contractors
- Familiar with keeping calendars of maintenance
- Knowledgeable with reading construction blueprints
- Skilled with maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, painting and electrical
Property & Grounds:
- Experienced with ordering and purchasing products
- Manages groundskeepers; works directly with landscapers
- Knowledgeable of estimates and budgeting for landscaping and property care
- Capable of managing gardens
- Maintains pools and tennis courts; cleans windows and trims trees
- Responsible for oversight of exterior vendors