Certified Household Manager
Top Three Standards:
Property & Grounds
I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado. I am the second oldest of nine children. Growing up surrounded by my family of 11 in a three-bedroom, one-bath home, I attended Catholic grade school and Catholic high school. My mother and father taught us how to have a strong work ethic, proper morals and values.
My grandfather was a sign painter who bartered for groceries, gasoline and anything he could. My grandmother worked as an operator for the Bell Telephone Company. My grandmother never possessed a driver’s license; she took the city bus everywhere she needed to go.
My father was a Vice President at General Electric. My mother was a top level C.E.O. of domesticity. My mother juggled and balanced finances, shopping, cooking, unequaled love, care and support for the other 10 people in the house, while never thinking of herself.
In a family of 11, you just naturally helped with everything. From a young age we cooked, cleaned house, babysat, changed diapers, did laundry, folded laundry and helped with yard work. When I got my first car, I quickly realized that I was a neat freak, as it was always spotless and in perfect mechanical condition.
I have spent more than 30 years in the service industry and have managed homes for Fortune 500 Principals. I am a two-time Certified Household Manager of Starkey International. My skills include planning and coordinating, vendor management, construction project oversight, wine cellar purchasing, inventory and control, daily menu planning and cooking. In addition, I am experienced with all the ins and outs of entertainment, whether it’s a party of two or a 300-person function. Hiring and training staff, account management for all household-related expenses and fulfilling payroll are all a part of my administrative expertise. Later in my career, I have developed a tremendous amount of knowledge in landscaping, gardens and construction.
I place a high value on personal achievement. I push myself to become better and continue learning. I have successfully owned and operated a restaurant in Sedona, Arizona. But more importantly, I provide unconditional love and care for private families. My goal is to work for a private Principal and live onsite, with possible travel included. Thank you for the opportunity.
My top Service Standards are Property & Grounds, Maintenance and Administrative.
Property and Grounds:
- Served as the owner’s representative for the new construction of a 10,000-square-foot, 12-bedroom beach home in Turks and Caicos; worked regularly with architect and general contractor to ensure quality, timeliness and budget of the project
- Oversaw the construction and maintenance of a $1 million, 70,000-gallon swimming pool, complete with water features
- Skilled with new construction on properties ranging from 5 to 80 acres, taking the project all the way from dirt removal to finished product, including blueprints, vendor management and final punch list
- Experienced with remodel projects: working with heavy equipment to finalizing interior details
- Years of hands-on experience with mowing, weeding, edging, fertilizing and tree trimming; knowledgeable with seasonal planting
- Experienced with irrigation systems, deep root tree fertilization, mosquito and insect management
- Capable of operating pool and spa systems and caring for outdoor buildings, structures and furniture
- Capable of entry gate and fencing upkeep, roof and gutter repair and setting up large-scale outdoor holiday decorations
- Established property-wide maintenance schedules, including quarterly HVAC unit checks, filter changes, duct cleaning, quarterly refrigeration compressor cleaning, dust removal and biannual ice machine disinfecting
- Established weekly pool cleaning including filter changes and equipment checks
- Completed monthly irrigation inspection and regular automotive care, including oil change, registration, plates, tires, insurance and cleaning
- Knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment, trucks, tractors, mowers, entry gates, fencing and property security, wells and water treatment systems, large commercial grade pools and water features
- Skilled at sprinkler repair, seasonal plantings, tree fertilization and tree trimming, installing artificial turf and implementing a property-wide organic fertilization program
- Experienced with roofing and gutters including repair and replacement
- Knowledgeable with auto repair and maintenance; scheduled maintenance, repairs, license and registration, and cleaning for stable of cars
- Crafty handyman skills including minor electrical, plumbing, paint, drywall and carpentry
- Bid, contracted and provided oversight for interior and exterior painting of 15,000-square-foot home
- Capable of processing financial records, daily reports, payroll and account reconciliation
- Skilled with hiring and training staff, inventory control, purchasing food, alcohol and paper products
- Negotiates, manages and pays vendors
- Responsible for all expenses related to home property, including all monthly bill paying, grocery inventory and purchasing, wine/alcohol inventory and purchasing
- Capable of logging employee hours and monitoring vacation and sick time
- Experienced with monitoring daily bank account activity for fraud