Certified Household Manager
Top 4 Standards
I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado, the second oldest of nine children. I attended Catholic grade school through Catholic high school. I come from a family with a high-work ethic and strong working-class values. My Grandfather was a sign painter who survived by using the barter system. My Grandmother worked for 40 years as an operator for the Bell system. My mother was a stay at home mom and my father was a Vice-President at General Electric. I can’t remember a defining moment when I discovered I had a service heart. In a family of 9 kids, you just naturally helped with everything including taking care of the babies, changing diapers, babysitting, laundry, cleaning, yard work, etc. However, when I got my first car I realized that I was a “neat freak” and needed order and cleanliness with my car.
I grew up in the Midwest, a family of 11 in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. It was a very casual environment; friends visited every weekend. Some of my favorite memories were the birthday parties my parents threw for us. We had friends and family over and my father always made sure the yard was manicured perfectly.
Growing up, honesty and hard work were a way of life for me. We always worked at home. We learned how to cook, clean, do laundry, etc. at an early age. We were also taught the difference between right and wrong and how to think through the decision making process.
I have spent nearly thirty years in the service industry. After graduating from Starkey International, I was placed in a private home with a CEO of a Fortune 500 entrepreneur and his family. The routine of daily graces, planning and coordinating, managing vendors, tasting wines, planning menus, cooking, hiring staff, training staff, bookkeeping, payroll, taxes, accounts receivable, accounts payables are all skills I fully utilized.
I am a person who values achievement. I push myself to learn and become better along the way. Consequently, I’ve become an exceptional organizer, manager, teacher, boss and friend. I’ve been able to successfully open my own restaurants. Most importantly I’ve become a good provider for my family. While I am now divorced, I continue to support my family as needed. We continue to be each other’s greatest supporters. I seek to support a single individual or mature couple in a Texas or Arizona location. I have a very strong work ethic so there is little I am not able to achieve in service.
My top four service standards are: Personal care, Culinary, Entertaining and Administrative.
Culinary/Entertaining: I first learned cooking and entertaining from my grandmother who would set a formal Thanksgiving table complete with her best china, silver and crystal. Over the past 30 years, I have managed staff up 35 people, coordinated, planned and cooked for parties ranging from intimate dinners for two to back yard pig roasts to three day events with 300 people. Many years of schooling and on the job practice have sculpted a very skilled innovative and accomplished chef. I have also coordinated weddings, special events, corporate parties, women’s’ luncheons, high tea and entertaining in private homes. I also know how to buy, design and arrange floral pieces on a daily bases.
Administrative: I have performed a multitude of administrative duties. All of the construction logistics, interior decorating, hiring and training, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, bookkeeping, taxes and insurance are some of the tasks I was responsible for. My thought process and organizational skills allow me to handle any situation with comfort and ease. I love to organize and plan. I am able to handle emergencies because all details have been carefully planned and coordinated.
Personal care: Growing up with 9 brothers and sisters made it easy and natural for me to be comfortable with kids. I have raised four children and have four grandchildren. I am very comfortable with new born babies and children of all ages. The first private home I was in, there was a 15 year old boy. With the absence of his parents, I became his friend, guardian, and mentor. I am working now with a family of 4 children, ages 5 through 17.
Technical Skill Synopsis:
- Successful management and ownership of two restaurants.
- Processing of financial records, including nightly reports, payroll and payables.
- Hire, supervise, train and schedule staff members.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory control while managing multiple vendors.
- Basic Microsoft Office, Outlook and internet research.
- Upheld strict sanitation and cleanliness for working restaurants and private homes.
- Familiar with a variety of household surfaces and proper care and maintenance.
- Performs detailed hands-on cleaning and teaches others by example.
- Managed housekeepers for private family.
- Able to zone a home and create task sheets.
- Highly experienced, formally-trained and talented Chef.
- Successfully served as Private Chef / Household Manager for over 7 years.
- Created menus, planned, prepared for restaurants, catering and private homes.
- Excellent savory and pastry skills.
- Skilled in clothing care and wardrobe maintenance.
- Understand proper closet organization and management.
- Proficient in laundering and ironing clothing and linens.
- Experience in coordination of special events, both within the home and at restaurants.
- Trained in the art of formal service.
- Knowledgeable in floral arrangement.
- Coordination of vendors.
- Certified level 1 Sommelier.
- Able to create and implement weekly, monthly and annual maintenance schedules.
- Experience re-building cars.
- Experience in performing basic household repairs.
- Orchestrated all the construction logistics for multiple remodels.
Property and Grounds:
- Basic ground care: mowing, edging, fertilization, blowing, etc.
- Maintenance of outdoor structures and facilities.
- Construction and blueprint knowledge.
- Responsible for major construction projects.
Transportation & Travel:
- Coordinated travel through China, Taiwan and Vietnam as part of 2-year contract
Safety & Security:
- Working knowledge of home security systems.
- 3rd degree black belt with family safety and security training.
- Supervision and mentorship of employer’s children.
- Gracefully and effectively juggle wants, needs, daycare, medical visits, sporting activities etc.
- Extensive experience in restaurant hospitality.
- Trained in creating guest care management profiles.
- Experience in caring for and training dogs.