Certified Household Manager
Top 4 Standards
I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado. I am the second oldest of nine children. Growing up surrounded by my family of 11 in a three-bedroom, one-bath home, I attended Catholic grade school and Catholic high school. My mother and father taught us how to have a strong work ethic, proper morals and values.
My grandfather was a sign painter who bartered for groceries, gasoline and anything he could. My grandmother worked as an operator for the Bell Telephone Company. My grandmother never possessed a driver’s license; she took the city bus everywhere she needed to go.
My father was a Vice President at General Electric. My mother was a top level C.E.O. of domesticity. My mother juggled and balanced finances, shopping, cooking, unequaled love, care and support for the other 10 people in the house, while never thinking of herself.
In a family of 11, you just naturally helped with everything. From a young age we cooked, cleaned house, babysat, changed diapers, did laundry, folded laundry and helped with yard work. When I got my first car, I quickly realized that I was a neat freak, as it was always spotless and in perfect mechanical condition.
I have spent more than 30 years in the service industry and have managed homes for Fortune 500 Principals. I am a two-time Certified Household Manager of Starkey International. My skills include planning and coordinating, vendor management, construction project oversight, wine cellar purchasing, inventory and control, daily menu planning and cooking. In addition, I am experienced with all the ins and outs of entertainment, whether it’s a party of two or a 300-person function. Hiring and training staff, account management for all household-related expenses and fulfilling payroll are all a part of my administrative expertise.
I place a high value on personal achievement. I push myself to become better and continue learning. I have successfully owned and operated a restaurant in Sedona, Arizona. But more importantly, I provide unconditional love and care for private families. My goal is to work for a private Principal and live onsite, with possible travel included. Thank you for the opportunity.
Culinary/Entertaining: I first learned cooking and entertaining from my grandmother, who would set a formal Thanksgiving table complete with her best china, silver and crystal. Over the past 30 years, I have managed as many as 35 staff members at one time. I coordinated, planned and cooked for parties, including intimate dinners for two, backyard pig roasts, and three-day events with 300 people. Many years of schooling and on-the-job practice have sculpted me into a very skilled, innovative, and accomplished chef. I have also coordinated weddings, special events, corporate parties, women’s luncheons, high tea, and entertaining in private homes. I also know how to buy, design and arrange floral pieces on a daily basis.
Administrative: I have performed a multitude of administrative duties. All of the construction logistics, interior decorating, hiring and training, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, bookkeeping, taxes, and insurance are some of the tasks I have completed. My thought process and organizational skills allow me to handle any situation with comfort and ease. I love to organize and plan. I am able to handle emergencies because all details have been carefully planned and coordinated.
Personal care: Growing up with nine brothers and sisters made it easy and natural for me to be comfortable with kids. I have raised four children and have four grandchildren. I am very comfortable with newborn babies and children of all ages. In the first private home where I worked, the Principals had a 15-year-old son. With the absence of his parents, I became his friend, guardian, and mentor. I am now working with a family of four children, ages 5 to 17.
Technical Skill Synopsis:
- Successful management and ownership of two restaurants.
- Processing of financial records, including nightly reports, payroll and payables.
- Hire, supervise, train and schedule staff members.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory control while managing multiple vendors.
- Basic Microsoft Office, Outlook and internet research.
- Upheld strict sanitation and cleanliness for working restaurants and private homes.
- Familiar with a variety of household surfaces and proper care and maintenance.
- Performs detailed hands-on cleaning and teaches others by example.
- Managed housekeepers for private family.
- Able to zone a home and create task sheets.
- Highly experienced, formally-trained and talented Chef.
- Successfully served as Private Chef / Household Manager for over 7 years.
- Created menus, planned, prepared for restaurants, catering and private homes.
- Excellent savory and pastry skills.
- Skilled in clothing care and wardrobe maintenance.
- Understand proper closet organization and management.
- Proficient in laundering and ironing clothing and linens.
- Experience in coordination of special events, both within the home and at restaurants.
- Trained in the art of formal service.
- Knowledgeable in floral arrangement.
- Coordination of vendors.
- Certified level 1 Sommelier.
- Able to create and implement weekly, monthly and annual maintenance schedules.
- Experience re-building cars.
- Experience in performing basic household repairs.
- Orchestrated all the construction logistics for multiple remodels.
Property and Grounds:
- Basic ground care: mowing, edging, fertilization, blowing, etc.
- Maintenance of outdoor structures and facilities.
- Construction and blueprint knowledge.
- Responsible for major construction projects.
Transportation & Travel:
- Coordinated travel through China, Taiwan and Vietnam as part of 2-year contract
Safety & Security:
- Working knowledge of home security systems.
- 3rd degree black belt with family safety and security training.
- Supervision and mentorship of employer’s children.
- Gracefully and effectively juggle wants, needs, daycare, medical visits, sporting activities etc.
- Extensive experience in restaurant hospitality.
- Trained in creating guest care management profiles.
- Experience in caring for and training dogs.