Busy family living in city and at summer home seek high end Starkey Trained private chef/ Household Manager with proven abilities working in homes... this is not a restaurant chef position. Exceedingly excellent salary.
Busy couple seek a Starkey Grad with high organization, multitask, many priorities, primary top standards: Administrative and Housekeeping. Culinary.
LI or out. Salary DOE.
Busy family seeks the support of Starkey Certified estate manager to manage their new large home with several support staff! Live on property! Salary DOE.
|I was born in Maine and raised in a Navy family. During my childhood years, I called Cape Cod, Massachusetts home. Early in my life, I felt the desire to follow in my father’s footsteps to serve our Nation and enlisted in the Air Force. The statement, "Without being of service, one cannot truly exist” resonates with me and captures my desire to be of service.
In addition to serving, I wanted to improve myself professionally as well as personally. I wanted to travel and experience different cultures and foods from around the world. I have had the opportunity to live in different parts of the U.S., the United Kingdom and Germany. I also proudly deployed for a tour in Iraq with an Air Force Special Operations Unit. Initially, I excelled as a Human Resources Manager, until later following my true passion into the culinary and Household Management realm.
I was an Enlisted Aide for more than eight years to senior military officials and I bring a unique blend of service, compassion and confidentiality. Serving as the Senior Enlisted Aide to the Superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy, I was responsible for complete oversight of a historic 11,000-square-foot estate, the largest estate the Air Force owns.
Over the years, I have embraced my true calling as a service-hearted professional. I have extensive experience in Household Management that includes entertainment planning and execution, as well as overseeing grounds and household maintenance. In addition, I am a proven chef. I have directed events, including small gatherings of international dignitaries as well as large-scale productions of more than 1,000 guests.
Following my military service, I transitioned into a civilian Estate Management position, where I managed a large staff that included chefs, housekeepers, nannies and a caretaker. I dictated the staff schedule and executed payroll, budgeting responsibilities for vendors and responsibilities for the vehicle fleet. I oversaw all aspects of domestic and international travel for the Principal and family, coordinating air and ground transportation and lodging logistics. When required, I also traveled with the family to ensure all personal needs were met.
As a former Enlisted Aide used to a military style of management, the hardest thing for me as a manager was to learn to let go. My style is very hands-on, but I have really grown in my ability to delegate and empower people to follow through. I prefer open communication and improve overall operations by identifying what’s working and what’s not working within a home. With the experiences I have gained and the relationships I have built, I cannot imagine another path other than continuing my journey in the private sector as an Estate Manager.
My top four Service Standards are Administrative, Property and Grounds, Housekeeping and Culinary.
Technical Skill Synopsis:
- 14 years of Household Management experience
- Experienced supervising up to 20 staff members, including nannies, chefs, caretakers and more
- Expert manager of all vendor bids, schedules and performance for landscape, maintenance and entertainment vendors
- Organizes daily and weekly task schedules for staff
- Creates Household Management manuals: zoning, task sheets, and preventative maintenance schedules
- Knowledgeable with working with office staff
- Experienced with managing fluctuating budgets and payroll
- Trained on the patented Starkey Management System supporting the housekeeping standards of the home, including zoning and task sheets
- Experienced working with fine china, crystal and silver
- Critical eye for detail of cleanliness and placement of household items
- Familiar with all types of cleaning equipment and products
- Experienced with hands-on cleaning and housekeeping duties
Property and Grounds:
- Conducts daily walkthroughs to ensure perfection of landscape and grounds
- Experienced with sprinkler system maintenance, outdoor lighting, security, pools, boathouses, boat launchers and more
- Expert gardener manager, working directly with landscape company on plant selection
- Manages and works directly with vendors, painters, window cleaners and tree trimmers
- Experienced with lakefront renovation projects, including the construction of a pool and boathouse while mitigating beach erosion
- Mow grass, how to clean a pool, rake the sand, rose care, pruning, limited plant knowledge, talk intelligently to a vendor
- Pro Chef 2 Sous Chef certification from The Culinary Institute of America
- Passionate chef who is comfortable with fine dining, home-style and nutritional styles of cooking
- Expert on organic, clean and healthy cooking with a concentration on local and sustainable foods
- Creates organic, vegetarian, kosher, gluten-free and Paleo meals for clients
- Daily cooking for families, including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Experienced with providing meals for political, formal and business dining
- Knowledgeable of costs and budgets when planning menus
- Capable of managing and maintaining wine cellars
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, Starkey is giving our Students more time to remain healthy by postponing our next course offerings at the Mansion until June. We can't wait to host classes soon, and we hope everyone is staying safe.
June 8-12: The Relationship of Service Course
June 15-19: The System Management Course
June 22-26: Housekeeping Course
June 29- July 3: The Art of Entertainment Course
1) The Relationship of Service Course is about creating the ideal Private Service position for you. Who is your perfect employer, and what do you want to be doing all day? What are the differences between a Household or Estate Manager?
We will help you define:
Why are you in service?
What is in your background that prepares you for service?
What do you bring to the table that will make a difference in the Lifestyle Vision of your Principal?
What is your unique Style of Service?
These answers will invite potential Principals to want you as as their Household or Estate Manager. You will know what you are worth in today's market and why! As Service is 40 percent technical skills and 60 percent relationship, know the right relationship for you. Finally, Starkey will develop a Placement Profile for you and know how to place you with the right employer!
2) The Starkey Household Management Systems Course is the fundamental and core curriculum for setting up any Service Management Plan. This is a US patented System especially for managing private homes. You will learn the 11 management tools and 10 Standards of Services you must know to be successful in a home. Without these tools, most are in crisis mode. You must know how to think as a Household or Estate Manager and understand the language used in Private Service; because like any profession, communication is key to success.
3) Housekeeping is to Household Management as bookkeeping is to Accounting. If you don’t know it, you can’t really supervise Housekeepers or train them. It’s an integral part of a Household Manager’s knowledge. The course offers setting up a Housekeeping System, what are appropriate Zones and Zone differences, selecting the right products for each purpose, cleaning methods, organization, care of fine furniture, bedroom cleaning and turndown service, sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning floors, developing daily duties, weekly duties, and seasonal cleaning. Seeing the details! Students will come out of this course knowing what fine Housekeeping really means.
4) The Art of Entertaining Course is back! We will be covering Table Settings, Table Service Styles, Champagne Service and Formal Dinner planning all from the perspective of the Emily Post tradition. If one knows the traditional art, one can always alter or fine-tune to fit the requests of your Principal. Starkey will present its famous “Entertainment Event Planner” and practice Order of Service. We will also cover care of fine China, Silver and Crystal, basic flower arrangements, proper use of candles and menu development. We will end the course with a formal dinner.
We look forward to having you!
We currently offer our Systems Program as an online correspondence course, in case you want to start learning now!
Certified Household Manager:
Mrs. Starkey developed and coined the term “Certified Household Manager” in 1981. The term introduces into the marketplace a professional who is trained in the overall management of a private home. This position may be a Butler in the British tradition, or a Personal Assistant, Household Manager or Military Enlisted Aide in the American tradition. This individual has been trained and/or is experienced in all aspects of the private home and has a working knowledge of developing a Household Service Management System. The focus is primarily on the Home and Service Environment. The skills would include a working knowledge of Human Resources, management and training of service contractors and personnel, as well as the hands-on technical experience necessary to personally perform or train others within a Service Environment. Knowing Administrative, Cleaning, Maintenance, Clothing, Cooking, and Entertaining Standards, as well as HQ Service Management Software is essential. This person’s skills are more appropriate for homes between 5,000 and 17,000 square feet. Salaries are currently between $70,000 and $125,000 per year with benefits, plus housing.
Very busy family seeks Starkey Grad with top standards I. Culinary, Administration and Housekeeping. Work with and support full time housekeeper, PT laundress, and Nanny in 6,500 sq ft home with three young children and 2 working parents in tech and renewable energy. Live out 6 figure salary plus and all benefits!
Couple from India seek Starkey Graduate to help their home run smoothly. Work with household cook and 2 housekeepers to have home always ready for guests.
Top three abilities, Administrative, Entertaining, and Maintenance abilities. Wonderful life out position in $100k plus, plus!
Estate Manager/ Connecticut
Couple seek a veteran Starkey Estate Manager to manage multiple Homes and large acreage. Top standards Maintenance, Grounds and Property, and Administrative for inside homes. Amazing position and salary with separate house provided!
Family seeks Starkey Graduate for three vacation homes. 10 weeks a year in residence with year round salary. Top standards, Maintenance, Grounds and Property and Housekeeping. Hands on position. Good Salary, live out
Family with children seek a Starkey Trained Household Manager with top Standards in Housekeeping, Culinary, Maintenance and of course be child sensitive for their 14,000 Sq ft home. Culinary dinners 2-3 days per week, daily operations, support housekeeping team, and supervise vendors.
Live out, 6 figures.
Mature woman seeks a Certified Household Manager to support her household daily operations for 2 homes, travel support, culinary needs and management of housekeeping. Salary plus benefits.
Very busy young professional family with 4 children seek the support of a Certified Starkey Graduate to manage daily operations, housekeepers, vendors, nannies. Mature, feet on ground, smart professional sought! Excellent salary $100k plus based on experience. Live out but provided!
Couple with grown children seek a Starkey Graduate to manage their 12,000 sq ft home and housekeepers, also vendors, much wonderful high end entertaining, exceptional employers! Live out salary plus $100k.
Couple heavily involved in business concerns seek a Starkey Personal-Executive Assistant to cook, travel with to multiple locations, keep calendar and manage autos and other multiple tasks as requested for “His” needs!
Housing provided plus excellent salary.
Busy mature older and international gentleman seeks the support of a Starkey Graduate with his business, household, and travel needs. 18,000 sq ft, Must live on property. Excellent Salary
Mature couple building a lovely new home seek a Certified Starkey Graduate with experience to provide primarily Administration, Culinary, and Entertaining Standards. 15,000 sq feet, rural location, housing provided! Excellent opportunity.
Fortune 500 family seeks the support of a Starkey-certified, sophisticated Estate Manager. Administrative and good business acumen skills are essential, as is the ability to manage multiple homes and staff, in addition to being security-conscious. Separate housing on property included. Excellent salary and benefits.
The Estate Manager is an administrative service professional who possesses a mature and seasoned knowledge of Service Management Systems, expertise with multiple homes or in small luxury hotels and knowledge of working within the luxury marketplace, in the service environment and throughout the Grounds and Property. This person must possess basic Human Resource principles, overall knowledge of Transportation and Security and understand his or her role as part of the Family Office team. This professional must understand the relationship of service and appropriate Private Service and business etiquette protocol. This professional must be able to identify all Service Standards, organize work schedules, train and manage all service staff required to fulfill all Standards for large Estates of generally 18,000 square feet or more, and/or for busy families with multiple residences. The Starkey Service Management System knowledge is essential. Salaries are currently between $90,000 and $300,000 per year with full benefits, and, if appropriate, private housing.
Property & Grounds
|My background is strong in family values and well-grounded in work and social behavioral patterns. My father, Robert Dietrich, was a builder of high quality custom homes and an astute businessman. My late mother, Eleanor Dietrich, was a secretary for the Connecticut State Police Department and a strong stabilizing factor in our home. My grandfathers, maternal and paternal, were hard-working factory laborers, while both of my grandmothers were housewives.
Throughout my life, I found great satisfaction and a rewarding comfort in helping others, which led me to becoming a volunteer fireman at the age of 20. Shortly after that, I realized without hesitation that my purpose was to go the extra mile for people. This was not only satisfying and rewarding for me, but it also brought joy into my life. That’s when I realized that I was, and always would be, a natural “Service Heart.”
Organization is a necessary and natural practice of mine. When I worked with my father building homes, I realized I had a natural sense of order and a definite eye for detail. My father recognized this talent also and soon had me supervising projects for him. Later, when I became an Estate Manager, my attention to detail and ability for absolute organization served me well in ensuring my clients’ safety and comforts, which in turn brought me joy and confirmed my “Service Heart.”
I recognize that I am a perfectionist, dedicated to the highest possible standards of professionalism and personal service. I am friendly not familiar, invisible yet available.
I am also an excellent communicator. I make sure there are no stones left unturned and I am not afraid to ask questions, to clarify my Principals’ exact needs and wishes. I believe my delegating skills are exceptional; I exude ease and comfort in my authority, making others appreciative of serving and comfortable in following directions. I’m also very hands-on when needed whether it is for a minute or a month.
I have been with my wife for 26 years and after 16 years, God blessed us with our amazing daughter. We made the decision to homeschool our daughter until she was 10 years old, in order to create a solid foundation for her future and meaningful experiences with our family. We made this decision after the passing of our 33-year-old employer, who had three amazing daughters of his own. He was the most kind-hearted and amazing employer, father and individual I ever had the honor of serving. After seeing first-hand just how short our time with each other can be, we made this life-altering change. We believe that this was one of the best decisions we have ever made as a couple, despite the many sacrifices it involved. Our daughter is now 10 years old, and I am ready to embark on my next, and hopefully final, long-term estate management position.
Personal Statement Continued:
My top four standards are Administrative, Maintenance, Property & Grounds and Security.
- Trained in Starkey Service Management Model
- Extensive experience in operations and responsibility of personal property interests
- Experienced in staff development, interviews, hiring and training
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient at maintaining multiple budgets for households and properties
- Good at maintaining household calendars for Principals, staff and vendors
- Detail-oriented, energetic and personable leader with excellent negotiating and problem solving techniques
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Experienced in vendor/contractor supervision; maintains all household and property records
- Oversaw multiple construction projects, ranging from a new 10,000-square-foot retirement condominium to a 32,000-square-foot residence in Dubai
- Comfortable with managing multiple homes
Property & Grounds:
- Nearly 20 years of experience managing day-to-day procedures of multiple grounds, ensuring efficient and smooth flow of operations
- Skilled at maintaining valuable relationships with all vendors and service personnel
- Knowledgeable of elaborate pool systems, Jacuzzis, steam rooms, waterfalls, massage rooms, tennis courts, boat houses, garages, etc.
- Experienced with scheduling, negotiating and supervising various landscapers, gardeners, pool technicians and other vendors
- Directly accountable to owners for overall management of properties, staff and service
- Maintain all household and property records
- Daily observation and surveillance of properties
- Skilled at supervising renovations and repair for roofing, plumbing and electric, refrigeration and HVAC, appliance repair, painting and pest control, landscape and garden services, pool maintenance and more
- Capable of personally troubleshooting basic maintenance issues, including plumbing, electrical, irrigation and other problems within or outside a home
- Skilled with updating proper function of media within the home, including sound systems, security systems, TVs and more
- Experienced with hands-on garage and storage maintenance, vehicle maintenance and boat/Jet Ski maintenance
- Experienced with scheduling preventative maintenance inside and out of property
Safety and Protection:
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of elaborate security systems, including alarms and infrared cameras
- Concealed weapon permit
- Understand privacy and confidentiality of Principals
- Perform daily and nightly walks around property and grounds to identify any anomalies
I was born in a small town in southeastern Poland. I grew up in a Catholic family with my brother and sister. My mother was an accountant at a small candy factory in town. My father worked as a technician for a gas company, where his father worked as well.
As kids, we spent most of our free time at my maternal grandparents’ farm outside of town, where I had the best memories playing with my cousins. I cherish those memories the most, thinking those were the best years of my childhood. The household where I grew up was very well-structured and organized. My mother had a passion for flowers and gardening, which I inherited. My mother was always very detailed and precise, and I believe that’s where I developed my eye for detail and appreciation for perfectionism.
As a child growing up, Poland was a communist country under the influence of the USSR. Most adults had to know how to do everything themselves. I watched my father become a handyman who could help out with everything anyone asked him to do. I think that seeing how helpful he was to others made me realize that I would like to do the same; this was the origin of my service heart. During my early teenage years, my father left Poland to work abroad. As the oldest of my siblings, I helped my mother with the household.
At 18, I passed the lifeguard exam, which allowed me to work at the city swimming pool during school vacations. In this way, I earned money to support my own needs. I also worked on weekends playing drums in a wedding band.
At the age of 21, I came to the United States as a Business Academy student to introduce my own cash register software, and I decided to stay. As a young immigrant, I had to work with my hands for a living. The experience I gained watching my father all those childhood years was very helpful. With time, I gained many customers who appreciated my skilled and detailed work. Years of working in Fairfield County in Connecticut for high-end customers continued to refine my exceptional eye for detail and I gained more and more clients. I was also able to step in and help with daily duties when my wife was understaffed in her cleaning service. That’s when I realized I would love to help people manage their properties at a high level. The smile on a client’s face after a job well done gives me a great deal of gratification and I would love to be able to work for an individual, knowing that I could make a real difference in my Principal’s life.
My heritage is very important to me. My wife and I speak Polish with our children and make sure they know Polish traditions and history. It gives me great pleasure to take part in the extracurricular activities my two children enjoy. I love watching them play soccer and lacrosse and take great pride in all of their accomplishments. My personal passion is photography. I have created photo websites that have acquired more than 14 million followers.
I am a very easy-going, open and cheerful person, which helps me when meeting new people. I am also very firm and business-like when dealing with vendors and contractors and am always able to make sure that the job gets done according the standards of my Principal. I am a very active person; I love to participate in sports such as mountain biking, skating, skiing and hiking. My high level of energy would ensure that everything my Principal needed would get done. I can consistently show my determination in a household environment to meet the Principal’s expectations. My dedication, common sense, confidentiality, strong work ethic and loyalty would give my Principal the level of comfort required to enjoy a tranquil and joyful life.
The best style of position for me would be one that would allow me to move from the inside to the outside of the home as I can do so seamlessly. I have constructed homes as a general contractor and have worked with my wife in her housekeeping business for many years. I am a very direct person and I do what I say. I have no other agenda other than doing the best job possible.
My top four Service Standards are: Administrative, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Property & Grounds.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Ableton Suite (both Windows and Mac platforms)
- Supervision and training of staff members, keeping records of their schedules, etc.
- Creating punch list and maintenance schedules
- Supervision of vendors and contractors; keeping records of their work and invoices
- Creating a contractor book which includes contact info
- Maintaining calendars and taking messages for Principals
- Preparing statements, contracts and invoices
- Budget monitoring and tracking of household expenses
- Trained in the patented Starkey Service Management Model
- Able to create a customized service flow
- Training and supervising household staff
- Care of fine arts, fine furnishings, antiques, oriental rugs, silver and crystal
- Use and care of laundry equipment
- Care and storage of household linens
- Capable of zoning a home for cleaning and creating task sheets
- Knowledgeable of specific cleaning and laundry products and their appropriate usage
- Experienced with multiple home inspections
- Experienced with working and maintaining smart home technology (network, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Skilled with managing renovations and construction projects, including kitchens, bathroom remodeling, cabinetry and fine carpentry
- Managing and working directly with vendors and contractors
- Familiar with keeping calendars of maintenance
- Knowledgeable with reading construction blueprints
- Skilled with maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, painting and electrical
Property & Grounds:
- Experienced with ordering and purchasing products
- Manages groundskeepers; works directly with landscapers
- Knowledgeable of estimates and budgeting for landscaping and property care
- Capable of managing gardens
- Maintains pools and tennis courts; cleans windows and trims trees
- Responsible for oversight of exterior vendors