Starkey’s Primary Household Management Certification Courses include:
Household Management Program
1. Starkey’s traditional Household Management Program for entry-level Household Managers is a 360-hour, eight-week course that focuses on the psychology and management of private homes. Starkey’s Service Management System is taught and sets the stage for an overall understanding of Private Service. This course covers in-depth Household Management, Service Leadership, the Relationship of Sevice, personality characteristics, service style, service terminology, and the technical and resource skills in 10 category areas including Administrative Management of Service, Private Service Culinary, Clothing and Valet, Housekeeping, Event Planning and Entertaining. The Certified Private Service Wine & Sommelier Course is taught along with Mixology. Cigars,Transportation and Travel and other Concierges Guest services; Personal Service as it applies to Elders, Children, and Pets, and knowledge of Luxury Products, Security Services, Property and Grounds, Maintenance, and Smart Home Care training are all conducted at our 13,000 sq. ft. private estate. Household Management program is also appropriate for Personal Assistants working in private homes.
Starkey’s Estate Managers’ Program
2 .Starkey’s Estate Managers’ Program is the above course accelerated to be a 255 hour, four-week course for those persons experienced in service including Estate Managers, Hotel Managers, Food and Beverage Managers and Culinary Chefs. Starkey’s Service Management System, Service Terminology & Management Tools, and HQ Software are taught. The student learns the mind and leadership required to succeed in Private Service Management including the essential Management Tools. It teaches how to identify Service Expectations, put them into a customized system and how to deliver those expectations. Each student also identifies their own unique style of Service in our Relationship of Service Course. A series of evaluators teach students to understand the correct style of service or hospitality position for them. Our Private Service HR course is taught, working with Family Offices, and the Management of Multiple Homes and an in-depth course on Entertaining, Wine Celler Management, overall Vendor Management and working with Private Estate Security. There is no culinary instruction provided in this accelerated course. Colleges would position this course at the Master’s level.
Service Management “Systems” Program
3. Starkey’s Service Management “Systems” Program presents our patented Service Management System, our capstone Household Management tools and software. It is a 40-hour, five-day course taught at the Starkey Institute for Starkey Graduates who are working in Private Service. It is considered continuing education for our Graduates as it brings the newest management tools available to their skill set. Our process for customizing an overall Service Management Plan, Starkey’s Service Language for identifying Service Expectations, and for delivering a very high Standard of Service are all detailed in this course. It includes all of Starkey’s Management Tools for Private Service, Standards Matrix, Technical Skills Qualifier, Day in the Life, Ten Service Standard Categories, Service Matrix and more. The System, part of the above courses, is also taught with our HQ Service Management Software as a Correspondence Course.
Private Education and On-Site Training Programs for Employers
The Private Education and On-Site Training Programs are customized programs that consist of Starkey’s patented Systems Course to design a customized Service Management Plan. We teach the following programs in your home:
- Nanny Management Program
- Setting up and training your Housekeepers in Housekeeping, Clothing Care, Etiquette and Protocol for Private Homes.
- Entertainment and Event Planning (The Ballet of Service and the Formal Dinner)
- Private Service Culinary Courses
Our specialized On-Site Training correctly positions the curriculum and chooses the right instructor to maximize the results for each employer. These programs are customized for Employed Staff and provided On-Site as requested.
All courses are customized to the Family, Location, Size of Home, number of Staff to be trained and the Environment.
Starkey's On-Site Individual Module Programs for Homes & Yachts
The following are short–term programs provided as On-Site at Clients’ homes or at Starkey International. They are specific to the Starkey Ten-Standards categories. Individual Standards Modules can be taken to receive Course Completions. Full Programs must be completed to receive Certification in each of the Specialized Focus Educational Offerings.
- Starkey’s Service Management “Systems” and HQ Software Correspondence Program: This course is the patented Service Management System taught in a Correspondence Course format, using the Starkey Software. Starkey provides a Starkey veteran instructor to help the student complete the course 45 days
- The Relationship of Service and Starkey Service Management System Training: This program is transformational in style as it helps each student to learn their specific style of service, their personal reasons for choosing service, the specific technical talents they bring to the table and their natural Service Style for choosing the right position using a variety of characteristic evaluations. It is for students entering or currently working as Household Managers, Butlers, Housekeepers, Nannies and other positions in Private Homes, Hotels, Private Clubs, Concierges Services and Resorts.
3 Days3. Administrative Skills for Private Service Training: This course teaches Administrative abilities including: adapting to and using Private Service Terminology and Titles, using the Starkey System for identifying detailed Concierge Service Expectations of their Principals, HR abilities including Interviewing, Hiring and Dismissing Staff and Vendors, Managing Staff and the particulars of Private Service Vendors and Administratively setting up the Business of Service.
5 Days4. Entertainment for Private Service Training: This course introduces the student to entertaining in a private home or Yacht to include: Personal Presentation, Speech and Service Attitudes, International Guest Protocols and Etiquette, Personal Graces, Professional Boundaries, Entertainment Planning, Formal and Informal Table Service and Settings, Wine and Champagne Service, Event Planning, and other technical skills. Designed for Private Household, Yacht, Club Butler Duties or a hands-on Butler position.
5 Days5. Personal Care for Private Service Training: This course provides non-medical training to include Senior Care Child Care, Guest Care, and Pet Care, to include Protocols and Etiquette, Professional Boundaries, Light Housekeeping and Amenities, Meal Planning and Nutrition and Concierges Services including Doctor Appointments, Food Shopping, Errands and Transportation. There is no medical training provided.
4 Days6. Fine Housekeeping or Yacht for Private Service Training: Etiquette and Service Training to include Old Guard Housekeeping, Household Organization, Products/Tools, and Hands-on Skills Training to include setting up a customized Housekeeping Plan, Principal Zoning and Task Sheets.
5 Days7. Clothing and Valet Care for Private Service Training: This course includes training for proper Clothing Care, Closet Organization, Laundry and Ironing, Personal Shopping and recognition of Luxury Products, Care of fine Accessories, spot removal, fine washables, reading labels, basic sewing and dry cleaning management.
3 Days8. Transportation and Travel for Private Service Training: Chauffeur etiquette, knowledge of Private Jets and Yachts, Travel etiquette, packing and unpacking, Concierges for Private Cars and Recognition of fine autos.
9. Private Service Culinary Level I: Management of Culinary staff is often a mystery to the Household Manager and the Principal. This course will give you the tools you need to keep the kitchen organized, select menus, organize their Day in the Life and have the insight to keep your Culinary Staff working at the top of their abilities. Learn to identify the skills, personalities and Systematic tools required to manage your Private Chef.10. Private Sommelier: An overview and guided tasting of both Old and New World Wines. It includes aperitifs, digestifs, cordials, and cocktails. Included in the program is Wine Cellar Management and buying wines for the Private Home.
11. Property and Grounds Management for Private Service Training: This course provides the overall organization and management techniques required to manage staff and vendors related to the Property and Grounds in Private Service. It includes detailed bids, purchasing, language, accounting and accountability, customizing Zoning, daily/weekly and seasonal time- oriented Task Sheets, Daily Graces and care/storage of work tools.
12. Maintenance for Private Service Training: This course provides training in the physical care of the environment to include recruiting and hiring appropriate vendors for maintenance needs. This course will also train you about necessary Smart Home Technology needs, mechanical systems, terminology, Task Sheets and more.
13. Safety and Protection for Private Service Training: This training is specifically designed to develop a core knowledge concerning the Safety and Protection needs for the family from Personal protection to protecting the assets. This training will include assessing risks and systems needed. Safety and protection plans to include authority of property, visitor records, training for staff, access to the home and security outside of the home and working with a professional security company in developing an overall Safety and Protection Plan.