It has been Mary Starkey’s and Starkey International’s 30-year mission to develop a world-recognized service profession in which service is viewed as an art form with its own career path and is seen as an expertise! Starkey International has demonstrated its vision by positioning Starkey services and products to uniquely serve the growing luxury marketplace. Starkey International has made meeting the expectations of the Luxury Employer its first objective. Our educational training and services place specialized professionals into the service industry. These professionals have been trained to identify and organize Service Expectations and to understand the business of Service Management.
In response to employers’ requests for a superior household management service, Starkey International developed a unique Service Management System for identifying and managing Private Service Expectations in 1994. Until then, the accepted training for household service provided only basic technical skills.
Download this curriculum as a pdf.
Starkey’s intensive 360-hour, eight-week Household Management Program provides a full Household Service Management Certification. This program is 20 years old in sophistication and is absolutely essential in the marketplace of the Household Management profession. It presents the management tools, the technical skills in ten service areas, the personal development, and the luxury-product knowledge required for all those entering the Service Management Profession. Starkey also will continue to add cutting-edge curriculum additions and our dream team of resources throughout the year.
Students in this amazing full Household Management offering will receive:
- Household Management Certification,
- Starkey Systems Certification
- StarkeyHQ© Software and complete library of household management publications and vendor resources
- Luxury Service Etiquette and Protocols
- Fine Housekeeping Techniques
- Entertainment and Event Planning
- Private Service Sommelier Certification
- Culinary for Private Service
- Property and Grounds, Maintenance, Security and Smart-Home Technology
- The ability to customize and set up a comprehensive Service Management Plan
- Professional Profiling for your Service Career Goals
- Completion of a customized Service Management Plan
The Certified Household Management Program comprises 360 curriculum hours. The Certified Household Management Program is divided into the following educational areas:
Starkey’s Estate Manager’s Program is the above course accelerated to be a 255 hour, four-week course for those persons that have two – three years of experience in Private Service. This program offers the training and expertise that are essential to be the highest level of Household Service expert available in the marketplace today. Starkey’s Service Management System and StarkeyHQ™ Software are taught and set the stage for an overall understanding of Private Service Management and the Management Tools required to succeed. Each student also identifies their own unique style of Service in our Relationship of Service Course. A series of evaluators teach students to understand the correct style of service position for them. Administration, Financial Management and Human Resources for Private Service, including working with Family Offices and the Management of Multiple Homes is taught. An in-depth course on Entertaining, Wine and Wine Cellar Management is taught. Our Leadership and overall Vendor Management for Private Service is also taught in this well-rounded program.
The Estate Manager Program is a sophisticated and competency-based program that recognizes and develops the knowledge, experience and expertise of the Estate Manager.
Note: this course does not have Culinary Training.
Certified Estate Management Graduate will have:
- Service Estate Management Certification.
- StarkeyHQ™ Software and Service Management Publications.
- World sophistication in the identification of Luxury Products and resources.
- Knowledge of Luxury Service Etiquette and Protocols.
- The technical knowledge of Entertainment, Wine, Event Planning and Wine Cellar management.
- The Ability to identify, customize and set up a comprehensive Service Management Plan.
- The ability to manage Smart Home Technology.
- The ability to develop Contractor and Vendor Resources and manage such contractors and vendors.
- Professional Profiling for your Service Career Goals.
- The knowledge of Administrative Skills for Private Service.
- The ability to integrate Security and Protection for Private Service and integrate security plans with the overall Service Plan.
- The expertise to lead and nurture multiple household staff personnel utilizing Human Resources procedures that have become essential in large private homes.
- The ability to provide a polished international presentation and have presence as a Leader.
The Certified Estate Manager Program comprises 255 curriculum hours and is divided into five areas: