Starkey is a 30 year, world recognized brand known for our commitment to excellence and survival in our changing economy to provide a sophisticated education in the management, technical skills, and the placement of our 1,300 Graduates in private homes. Starkey has always made meeting the expectations of the High-Net-Worth Employer our first objective.
Our full, 360 credit hour, eight week Household Management Program opens doors to those seeking to enter the unique world of Service Management in Private Service. Starkey takes each student, provides a high quality of Household Service Education, and positions them to succeed.
- We teach how to identify specific service expectations, customize, and set up a Service Management Plan in any Service Environment.
- We position each student to fully understand themselves and how to succeed in the overall Service Management community in our Personal Statement Exercise.
- We have developed and internationally patented multiple Service Management Tools unique to Private Service to bring a real management expertise to our Students and our Employer Clientele.
- We teach the language of service, the essential technical skills in 10 service management categories, and the service etiquette, protocol, and diversity required in service management.
- Placement plays an active and vital role in our educational process in meeting weekly with our students; staying in touch with our new and seasoned employer clientele to make sure Starkey stays abreast of what is expected; and in directing education in the new and progressive areas developing within the Service Management Profession.
- The Institute is set in a gracious 13,000 square foot residential mansion that simulates real and functional service management in operation. Purchased in 1994, our 1901 Georgian, southern style residence is on the Colorado historical registry. The Institute presents 4 floors including a lower level where we positioned our classrooms, a wine cellar, and laundry center. The main floor has a traditional library, a large formal living room, and a dining room with terrace doors that lead to our beautifully landscaped gardens. The Institute also boasts a brand new, fully equipped and spacious kitchen (often filled with current students and Graduates who have come back to visit) and a Butler’s Pantry, which organizes our multiple patterns of tableware for the 10 formal dinners held yearly as part of each curriculum. The mansion has five beautifully appointed bedrooms with baths on the second floor, utilized for our students while in training. We converted additional bedrooms on the third floor into our corporate offices including our Placement Division.
- Our educators have combined over 100 years of Service Management in their professional expertise to share with our students. Mary Louise Starkey started her journey 30 years ago when she decided to take domestic service out of servitude and create a professional expertise to serve the high-net worth. Seeing the need for a new level of technical skills development and language to define service led to the Starkey International Institute opening in 1989. Additionally, she has personally authored the texts including a training text for the US Air Force. She continues to develop new material to publish and new service curriculum for specific segments of population and hospitality. All her materials are protected by trademark, copyright and patent.
- Our exceptional educators and staff include:
- a Retired US Air Force Colonel and former Director of Personnel at the Air Force Academy
- a Retired US Navy Senior Chef who served three U.S. Presidents at the White House, a U.S. Vice President, and a King and Queen from Jordan
- former Director of Housekeeping at the nationally renowned and 5-star Brown Palace Hotel
- a Placement Specialist with a Masters Degree in Psychology and 5 years experience in Human Resources
- a CFO with 34 years experience in Accounting and HR matters
- a very talented IT Director who is earning a degree in Anthropology
- a US Army Veteran obtaining a degree in Criminal Justice and Human Services
- a Chief Strategy Officer who has his Juris Doctorate, graduated from the Starkey Service Management Program and has 18 years in business growth, marketing and franchising.